Senior Manager, Process Controls Engineering
- Devens, MA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead a team of controls engineers to investigate, design, configure / integrate and test process control solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Lead cross functional teams to developing Requirements.
- Plan, implement and test design solutions per Good Automation Practices.
- Lead larger implementation projects involving other automation engineers and contractors.
- Provide troubleshooting and guidance support to automation systems in support of Manufacturing.
- Support the operation of all GMP and non-GMP control systems and other auxiliary equipment at the Devens MA facility.
- Provide on-call support for control systems along with other team members.
- Compile estimates and cost information for DCS and PLC systems as part of capital approval requests.
- Manage employees and invest in the development of current and future employees through assignment of development opportunities, coaching, mentoring, and effective administration of rewards and recognition programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or its equivalent.
- Specific technical skills with including a minimum of 5 years' experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology sector.
- Specific technical skills with including a minimum of 10 years' experience working with control systems (DCS and PLC's)..
- Expert understanding of S88, S95 and batch processing operations required.
- Understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Experience managing schedule and resources on large projects
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and formal presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- Experience with DeltaV and Rockwell PLC's required.
- Experience with control system networking technologies and PC networking technology preferred but not required.
- Experience working with SQL, Server, Oracle, or other relational databases preferred but not required.
- Experience with Visual Basic scripting preferred but not required.
- Experience as supervisor/manager is preferred.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top