Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs and Public Relations
- Mumbai, India
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS India is looking for a Senior Manager,Corporate Affairs and Public Relations reporting directly to General Manager India.
- Creates and communicates a compelling vision how BMS can shape the external policy environment that generates commitment and enthusiasm across the organization. Conducts all activity on behalf of the organization consistent with the BMS pledge and mission and especially all applicable internal policies.
- Forecasts general healthcare trends as reflected in media.
- Masters the understanding of the complex relationships, processes, laws, issues and history which define and govern the political/legislative governmental institutions at the central and local levels. Top-line understanding of health economics and pricing principles.
- Owning and managing the interactions with external advocates and developing strategies for meaningful partnerships.
- Converts complex information into easily understood themes that are consistent with the overall massage of the organization and instigates internal and external information flow.
- Contributes to strategic development of brand-related policy projects and builds and executes national action plans. Identifies cross functional and divisional needs in terms of information and communication.
- Supports the General Manager in industry associations, government forums and media with the aim of positively shaping the external business environment and company's image.
- Builds strong internal relationships that foster open communications and an understanding of the internal clients' needs.
- Acts as a pro-active thinker by proposing innovative communication actions to optimize our message and the flow of information.
- Establishes and maintains a relationship network with key media. Develops a strong professional relationship also with external entities so that those groups can fully understand BMS and its positions and support them when appropriate.
- Drives product and pipeline programs in the market - implements marketing programs through the development of communications and PR strategies and tactics to effectively reach and influence key audiences; Employs the most effective media to deliver messages to maximum effect.
- Adapts and implements international action plans to local needs to support the development and the successful implementation of global communication policy and strategies with respect to brand-related activities and general healthcare policy issues.
- Works across internal functions and departments to ensure consistent approach to the management of issues, external relationships and representations on behalf of BMS. Assembles, mobilizes, and participates in internal cross-functional teams to develop policy-based government affairs programs to address specific BMS market issues
- Coordinates and executes strategic communication input on issues that impact the company's reputation to help ensure a positive corporate image in media.
- Collaborates with other key functions in the country and with the CEETII / Intercon / Global Public Affairs teams to ensure consistent and aligned approach to all communication strategies.
Experience & knowledge desired:
- Proven track record in dealing with Government Bodies, Trade Organisations, Patient Associations, Media Outlets and Public Healthcare stakeholders.
- Proven PR and corporate affairs experience in pharmaceutical field required
- Self-motivated and proactive. Able to operate independently but also remain closely connected to supervisors, colleagues and customers who may be located in different geographies and time zone. Experience within the area of PR (and/or within) national media, developing communication policy.
- Experience in effectively and persuasively articulating complex issues to key stakeholders.
- Experience in analyzing complex issues, utilizing strategic thinking and implementing tactical plans.
- Understanding of healthcare systems, including funding policies. Pharmaceutical law, and general pricing and HEOR mechanisms.
- Understanding of Bristol-Myers Squibb products and its priority business objectives.
- Knowledge of the operations and issues associated with the pharmaceutical, nutritional and medical device businesses.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) is required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top