Senior Business Operations Manager - GBDS
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As the Senior Business Operations Manager, you will work closely with the GBDS Business Operations team in driving the success and delivery of the GBDS vision and operating model across the executive leadership team. You will be part of the Business Operations team to develop the GBDS Leadership team agendas, setting priorities and objectives for the team, driving and owning some of the implementation strategies. You will work closely with the leadership team and partners to implement initiatives in support of R&D divisions. You will be a representative on behalf of GBDS in ensuring alignment with relevant functions across various forums and initiatives within GDD and R&ED.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage functional plans, proactively identify risks and work with necessary partners to mitigate risk
- Responsible for the operational planning of internal and external GBDS-driven events (i.e people engagement activities, executive level presentations and tracking mechanisms) to ensure communications of progress and risk mitigations to GBDS and inter-dependent stakeholders
- Support functional Leadership Team members in conduct environment scan of ongoing activities and assess various project and initiative needs, and develop and coordinate resource and engagement plan in support of these prioritize activities
- Support coordination of plans and activities that will ensure the success of the leadership and their team members in support of an evolving GBDS operating model
- Accountable for partnership engagement including HR, GDD Ops Leads, RDSP, Finance and other enabling roles, to support enterprise-wide GBDS and R&D priorities
- Responsible for budget of various GBDS-driven activities in support of conference engagements, communities of practices development, and employee engagement opportunities to harmonize siloed groups
- Change agent for continuous improvement and transformational initiatives
- Highlight interdependencies and downstream impacts of strategic decisions, to ensure all decisions are assessed as to their impacts and communicated to stakeholders in a transparent and timely manner
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree in related discipline highly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or 4+ years of equivalent consulting program management
- Strong experience with building relationships, leading strategic initiatives and programs, and collaborating across divisions with people of diverse business backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thought partner that will serve as a point of connectivity with stakeholders to execute end to end enterprise dependencies
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top