At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS's continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
engineering, Chemical Engineering, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with 6+ years of relevant industrial experiences.
The Department Cell Therapy Process Sciences and Technology is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join its innovative, multi-disciplinary team focusing on process scaling, transfer and implementation for gene editing and delivery technologies. As a member of the Gene Delivery and Editing Technology team, the individual will support the advancement of the T-cell engineering technologies for manufacturing immunotherapeutic products. This role will provide a challenging but rewarding opportunity for career development. A successful candidate is expected to be well-versed in T-cell manufacturing process for immunotherapeutic drug product manufacturing and the instruments utilized in the processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of robust, scalable processes of gene editing and delivery technologies for manufacturing T-cell drug products.
- Scaling gene editing and delivery process from small scale to clinical scale and resolve scaling discrepancy issues on editing efficiency and yield.
- Customize gene editing and delivery unit operation for different sets of manufacturing requirements defined by various pipeline T-cell drug products
- Experimentally validate new technologies to support technical due diligence.
- Facilitate technology transfer and process integration with platform/program teams.
- Interface with CMC team and serve as SME/tech-lead on behalf of GDE-TCoE
- Maintain communications with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure the technology transferring and implementation meeting manufacturing requirements and IND timelines.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation
- Author technical reports and operating procedures
Expertise and Skills
- Experiences with tech transfers, co-development and training
- Experience with continuous improvement of CAR-T manufacturing platform, including process development, equipment evaluation.
- Experience and working knowledge with T-cell engineering process and instruments (e.g. leukapheresis, separation, activation, viral transduction, gene delivery, etc.)
- Proficiency in multi-color flow cytometry
- Working knowledge with electroporation procedures and instrumentation
- DOE methodology and relevant statistical software (JMP, R, etc.)
- Experience of project management through technology development life cycle
- Experience with CMO/CRO communication and management
- Experience of leading ad-hoc or small team is a plus.
- Knowledge with GMP compliance of hardware, reagents and consumables for biologics is a plus
- Knowledge with viral (e.g. LVV, AAV) transduction or non-viral gene delivery is a plus.
- knowledge with CRISPR/Cas9-based or other gene editing techniques is a plus.
- Experience with microfluidic technologies or instruments is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through oral presentations and technical writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary cross-functional environment.
Education and Experiences
- M.S. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with 4+ years of relevant industrial experiences.
- Ph. D in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or related disciplines with relevant post-doctoral industrial experiences is preferred.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there's no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients' lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.