- New Brunswick, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Scientist will be working within the Biologics Development (BD) organization. The role will involve the development, qualification and transfer of analytical separation methods used for product release, stability study and process characterizations supporting early phase programs. The successful candidate should be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, be a team player, and have strong knowledge and experience in advanced bioanalytical separation sciences including chromatographic and electrophoretic methods. Desired skills include Design of Experiment (DoE), HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS, Capillary Electrophoresis, as well as biophysical characterization and biological techniques. Knowledge and experience with protein / peptide characterization and molecular and cell biology would be a plus.
This role will be located in New Brunswick, NJ
- Develop, qualify, transfer and characterize bio-analytical techniques for monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins and Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) to support product release, stability and process characterization studies under targeted timelines. Author method SOPs, development and qualification reports.
- Provide training and oversight of assay performance to testing labs including CROs.
- Work collaboratively across organization and sites for method readiness, transfer, performance and troubleshooting supporting early phase development projects.
- Authors and reviews analytical method and validation sections in IND filing documents
- Utilize statistical tools for Design of Experiment (DoE) to optimize assay conditions and evaluate assay robustness, and to analyze and trend development data.
- Actively lead and work on internal initiatives for improvement of business processes.
- Evaluate new technologies and lead scientific and technological innovations for process improvement.
The successful candidate will have
- A degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Virology, Chemical / Biological / Biochemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- PhD with 0-5 years or MS with 7+ years or BS with 10+ years relevant experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry.
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with the emphasis on experience and in-depth working knowledge of CE, iCE, and HPLC/UPLC (UV/FL/CAD/MS).
- Experience with protein fragmentation (CE-SDS, RPLC), charge variants (AEX/CEX/CIEF/iCIEF), N-glycans, peptide mapping and aggregation/HMW analysis (Size Exclusion Chromatography) techniques is highly desirable.
- Experience with mass spectrometry and biophysical characterization is a plus.
- Experience with PCR, ELISA, Western Blotting, Cell based bioassay is a plus.
- Working knowledge of design of experiments and basic statistical knowledge is desirable.
- Development experience for both early- and late-stage programs is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works independently and collaborates with other groups. Deliver results in line with project and team objectives.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top