Research Scientist, Functional Genomics
- Cambridge, MA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Research Scientist, Functional Genomics
The new Bristol-Myers Squibb research site in Cambridge's Kendall Square will help us continue to deliver on our mission, positioning the company and our scientists in the heart of a vibrant ecosystem of world-class science, innovation, and business opportunities. The Mechanisms of Cancer Resistance (MoCR) Thematic Research Center (TRC) at BMS is one of the fundamental research and early development engines delivering oncology therapeutics to patients. The scientists at this state-of-the-art research and development site in Cambridge focus on novel tumor intrinsic targets and pathways for tumors that are refractory to current oncology therapies and implement our discovery platforms across all of our therapeutic areas of focus.
The Research Scientist will join the Early Target Biology group at Bristol Myers Squibb in Cambridge, MA to discover new oncology targets and advance early stage therapeutics at the intersection of tumor genetics and immuno-oncology. The Research Scientist will use cutting-edge genome engineering, cell biological, and functional genomic techniques to screen and validate tumor-intrinsic targets to overcome resistance to targeted and immuno-therapies.
The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that possesses the ability to work across a highly matrixed environment and aid the advancement of the next wave of targets into preclinical drug development. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, immuno-oncology, computational biology, and chemistry groups. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills and will be capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams. The position requires constant scientific engagement and growth, and offers opportunities for career progression.
- A B.S. with a minimum of 6 years of experience, or an M.S. with a minimum of 4 years of academic/industrial experience is required. Exceptionally motivated candidates at all levels encouraged to apply.
- Strong scientific knowledge and research experience in cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, CRISPR, drug discovery, and/or genomics technology development is required.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting is required.
- Strong hands-on experience using a wide range of cellular and molecular biology techniques, such ascell culture, genetic perturbation using siRNA/shRNA knockdown, CRISPR-mediated genome editing, cell proliferation assays, lentivirus generation and transduction, flow cytometry, and western blotting, is required.
- Experience in running functional genetic screens with validation of targets for follow-up is highly desired.
- Proficiency in using software such as GraphPad, FlowJo, Microsoft Office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is desired.
- Ability to mentor more junior scientists and colleagues on best practices in the laboratory would be highly valued.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally, is required.
- This position is located in Cambridge, MA. There will be less than 10% travel.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top