Research Investigator, Single B Cell
- Redwood City, CA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Discovery Biotherapeutics team at Bristol Myers Squibb seeks to understand the structure and function of complex molecules such as antibodies and endogenous proteins in order to optimize their utility as therapeutic agents. We collaborate with biology and translational scientists imbedded in the Thematic Research Centers in order to prosecute Targets and Biological pathways with disease modifying potential. By using a blend of internal and external technologies and capabilities, we work to discover and deliver first-in-class as well as best-in-class molecules that warrant clinical evaluation for patient benefit.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with deep expertise in antibody discovery through Single B Cell technologies to join the Antibody Generation group within the Biotherapeutics department in our Redwood City , CA site. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact within a department that is driving the biologics pipelines in BMS. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of current state-of-the-art antibody generation through high-throughput B cell platforms and be able to apply this to practice at the bench. He/She will drive technology developments and optimization of single B cell cloning and associated platforms to expedite the process and deliver high quality lead molecules.
- Contribute to optimize the existing single B cell cloning capacity within the Antibody Generation group. Expand the scope of applications of single B cell protocol and harmonize it with associated supporting platforms in close collaboration with other groups across the department.
- Fully integrate the single cell sorting, cloning, recovery and sequencing protocols into the lead generation pipeline.
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays available from the literature or scientific meetings to improve in-house platforms.
- Be a champion in the lead discovery process and collaborate with biology project leaders closely to advance innovative therapeutics from Discovery to Development.
- Stay informed and contribute to the vision in the technology development space especially in single cell analytics and gene capture.
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
- Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or immunology with 0-2 years industry experience.
- Expert-level experience in antibody generation through Single B-cell cloning is required.
- Proficiency in cell biology skills such as FACS. Target-centric cell sorting or selection experience.
- High proficiency in all critical molecular biology techniques with focus on high throughput, high sensitivity gene rescue from single cells or tissues of interest.
- Proficiency in large data set analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of B/T cell biology and humoral and cell mediated immune responses.
- Highly innovative and self-motivated.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top