Principal Scientist, Cell Line Development and Omics
- New Brunswick, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. This position resides in the Molecular Biology and Analytics (MBA) group, which is part of Cell Line Development and Omics. It is co-located with Upstream and Downstream development, and Process Development Analytics (PDA) and a large Analytical Development organization in a new building in New Brunswick, New Jersey. BMS' New Brunswick site is part of New Jersey's "Biopharmaceutical Life Sciences Cluster," a concentrated area of biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies.
This position will have a key leadership role with in the MBA Group in the Biologics Process Development in New Jersey. The role will report to the Scientific Director of MBA based at the New Brunswick, New Jersey campus. Specifically, the role will involve planning, managing and execution of MBA activities, and to ensure timely analytics in support of multiple biological programs.
- Assessment and implementation of novel molecular technologies to improve current platform processes for cell line performance and characterization.
- Identify and develop new technologies and processes for constructing and enhancing cell line performance of cell lines destined for biological manufacturing.
- Ability to understand and modulate cellular transcription, translation, and post translational pathways and associated regulation to engineer cell lines.
- Carry out the NGS and Bioinformatics necessary to further enhance cell line performance.
- Identify the tolerance limits of the present platform, determine strategies to make quantum improvements in the technology and processes.
- Evaluate new technologies and where appropriate introduce them into the cell line development process.
- Set up and maintain collaborative interactions with Research and Development, Molecular Analytics, Process Development and where appropriate with manufacturing groups.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge, present at meetings and publish their results and author technical documents.
- Lead a small team to further these goals.
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetic, Bioinformatics, Cell Biology or relevant field.
- Minimum of 4, preferably 8 or more years of industrial experience or equivalent.
- Solid background in molecular biology or molecular virology techniques including genetic manipulation, transcription and/or translation regulation, cell biology, as well as phenotypic and metabolic analysis of cell lines.
- Strong experimentalist that can lead independent research, with extensive cell molecular biology and tissue culture experience.
- Preferably, a background in next generation sequencing techniques or common bioinformatics data analysis tools especially in the areas of RNAseq, and data integration for pathway analysis.
- Take a scientific leadership position and work productively in a fast paced results oriented interdisciplinary team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication capabilities.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top