Precision Medicine Technical Manager
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum 5 years of pharma or medical device experience, 2 years project management experience or equivalent.
Understanding of drug, translational development and/or medical device development project management. PMP certification desirable
Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) is a global biopharmaceutical company engaged primarily in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of human diseases.
BMS R&ED is at a critical and exciting phase of development. As it expands its portfolio there is an opportunity for a dynamic and resourceful individual to support and deliver upon multiple Precision Medicine led and supported projects.
Precision Medicine (PM) is part of the Research and Early Development organization in BMS and leads internal and external diagnostic development activities to support multiple disease areas of interest including hematological malignancies, inflammatory disease programs and solid tumor indications. The team will integrate scientific and business insights of multiple functions to provide innovative solutions that will make precision medicine a reality for the patients and health care providers we serve.
The Senior Manager, Technical Management, reports to the Technical Management Head within the Precision Medicine organization. They are accountable, with the Precision Medicine Technical Lead to support BMS product Development Teams (DT) to successfully shape and execute the various translational and diagnostic strategies, projects, and lifecycle plans.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and lifecycle)
- Manage the implementation of PM projects of low to medium complexity to support global DTs
- Responsible for managing the PM project team and deliverables, working effectively with cross-functional representatives including scientific, clinical, regulatory, legal, finance
- Responsible for developing and coordinating resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
- Develop and maintain timelines for PM activities, assure alignment with global DT timelines as applicable, update timeline on an ongoing basis to allow transparency to the organization
- Prepare and track project budgets, manage project financials including accruals and payables, work with legal and the PM Technical Lead to develop contracts for development partners, service providers, and research collaborators
- Identify project risks with the project team, drive for resolution of project issues
- Prepare regular progress reports and ad hoc reports to facilitate seamless communication and transparency of project status throughout the organization
- Establish a close partnering relationship with the DT Project Leader and DT Project Manager, as applicable for the project
- Establish a close working relationship with external development partners, service providers, and research collaborators to monitor the execution of PM projects
- Ensure that DT strategy recommendations requiring endorsement by governance committees incorporate PM advice, and thoroughly coordinate governance committee planning with the DT
- Partner with other BMS project management groups and resources to implement project management best practices which facilitate internal efficiencies and information sharing
- Assure that the BMS values are demonstrated in all aspects of individual actions and team interactions
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 5 years of pharma or medical device experience, 2 years project management experience or equivalent; PMP certification desirable.
- Knowledge of the drug development, medical device, and/or translational development processes, and supportive project management processes
- Strong project management skills, outcomes oriented, and results driven
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, cross-functional collaboration skills, and a cross-cultural awareness
- Works with a moderate level of independence to lead projects and teams
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts and negotiations, and influence outcomes without direct authority
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Knowledge of the project financial budgeting and expenditures process, and contracts development process
- Effectively utilize project management tools and information technology systems such as Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, Visio, Spotfire, etc.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top