Operator 1, SIM Packaging Operations
- Phoenix, AZ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis. Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Purpose and Scope of Position
The Operator I is responsible for executing production activities required to successfully manufacture sterile injectable products. This is accomplished by ensuring equipment, materials, and other resources are in place to meet production demands. The Operator I demonstrates and assures production activities within manufacturing operations are executed following all GMP's. In addition, work will be performed in complete accordance with all SOPs, Specifications, Batch Records, regulatory expectations, and company policies. This position will require overtime, shift work, and flexibility in scheduling of "set" shift hours at times, based on production demands or extraordinary circumstances.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Robust functionality in Microsoft Applications and other computer based systems utilized in the manufacturing department (i.e. MES, HMI's, etc.).
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills within the department and with support groups
- Functional job specific proficiency in mathematics
- Practical understanding of specialized manufacturing equipment operational theory used for the manufacturing of sterile injectable products.
- Ability to pass a full physical including a TITMUS Vision Exam.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hrs/day, utilizing controlled movements.
- Aptitude to use hand tools in the setup and trouble-shooting of specialized manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to execute complex activities both independently and in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes manufacturing activities per detailed procedural guidance with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Performs handling of hazardous materials in compliance with site, industry, local, and federal regulations.
- Executes specialized responsibilities mandated by detailed written procedures, site, industry, local, and federal regulations.
- Assures and completes detailed documentation that is a correct and accurate record. Addresses procedural /documentation errors expeditiously and effectively.
- Continuously updates job knowledge by participating in job specialized training requirements.
- Participate as a contributing member in CI projects.
- Consistently projects a positive attitude and example for other department team members/operators to emulate.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- >1 year of relevant work experience required in a GMP environment (regulated).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Requires 20/20 correctable vision and must be able to successfully pass a TITMUS visual examination annually.
- The incumbent will be required to push, pull, reach, balance, and/or lift greater than 20 lbs. for 8 hours, approximately 5 times per week.
- The incumbent may be working around hazardous materials to include chemical agents at least 8 hours per day.
- The incumbent may be in a standing position for at least 8 hours per day.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top