Medical Manager -- Hematology
- Bogota, Colombia
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
In Colombia, the Disease Area Specialist (DAS) dedicated to Hematology is responsible for actively engage with Thought Leaders and play as the therapeutic area reference point internally within BMS and externally with different stakeholders. The DAS is responsible for designing and delivering the medical plan, acting as a core member of the brand strategy implementation and leading the field medical team. It is responsible for providing clinical and scientific support across the matrix and with external stakeholders as well.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Develop and Deliver the Medical Plan
- Develop the hematology local medical plan aligned with the Global Medical Strategy and with the local medical gaps and needs.
- Provide strategic medical input into the development of brand plans.
- Execute and deliver the local medical plan and TL interaction plans, guiding the Field Medical Plan development and implementation.
- Deliver scientifically meaningful medical program proposals and ensure flawless execution of medical activities.
- Identify potential speakers for BMS educational programs and ensure that these speakers receive all necessary product and disease state training.
Lead the medical strategy for the Field medical
- As first-line manager of the field medical team, the DAS is responsible for the appropriate understanding and overseeing of the Medical Strategy by Field Medical.
- Ensure high value scientific exchange of the field medical team, increase value through prioritization, planning & execution of the field activities
- Follow the scientific and strategic development of Field Medical.
External Environment and Customer Focus
- Actively profile the medical landscape and continuously update knowledge and expertise in products, patient treatment trends, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
- Develop and maintain direct contact with Thought Leaders to gather insights and input on treatments, gain full understanding of patient needs and behaviors, as well as scientific activity within the disease area.
- Develop strong scientific partnerships with TLs identifying opportunities for clinical trial participation and other relevant scientific activities.
- Effectively present information to HCPs, as appropriate, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
- This position require dedication to the field with a 30%-40% devoted to field work
Provide Medical Insight and Support the Matrix Team
- Contribute to the development and review of medical content within promotional and non-promotional materials (as appropriate, consistent with the Promotional and Non-Promotional BMS procedural documents and/or local codes), according to local resource and requirement.
- Contribute to and coordinate the development of the medical / scientific sections of pricing and reimbursement files.
- Contribute to the development of scientific publications or presentations, as appropriate.
- As necessary and appropriate, may support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (Commercial, Regulatory, OR, PV, Legal, HEOR, Market Access, etc).
Support Clinical Trial Activities
- Support Interventional and Non Interventional Research (NIR) studies (including input on study feasibility, identification and assessment of potential study sites, facilitate BMS and investigator activities, and conduct site visits to support patient recruitment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of BMS investigational products, as appropriate and in agreement with local medical management.
- Provide recommendations and insights to GDO on study and site feasibilities within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators, as appropriate and in agreement with local medical management.
- Actively support CRO sponsored studies as appropriate or as defined by the study scope document
- Provide medical support to GDO to transition patients from clinical trial to marketed and/or reimbursed supply of drug, where required and appropriate.
- Medical doctor (physician) with clinical experience in Hematology or with a broad medical background with substantial and relevant pharmaceutical experience (5-years' experience).
Skills, Competences and Knowledge
- Strong disease area knowledge and experience, preferable in Multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndrome and leukemia
- In-depth knowledge of relevant BMS products is desirable.
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
- Knowledge of the National Healthcare System and its policies
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build strong internal/external relationships and to work with diverse cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to "flex" across different types of cultures, work, complexities, business situations and matrix partners.
- Strong English language skills are key, given the need to communicate with the Global and HQ teams and across markets.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top