Manufacturing Supervisor, CAR T Media Preparation-Quad 4
- Jersey City, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Manufacturing Supervisor, CAR T Media Preparation-Quad 4, Manufacturing Operations
Summit West, S12
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Supervises employees and contractor personnel who manufacture cell culture media, buffers and selection components in support of S12 liso cel CAR T manufacturing per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in a controlled, cleanroom environment. Manufacturing Supervisors address employee concerns, ensure staff are complaint with training requirements, reviews & approves timecards, and addresses production issues with cross functional teams. Communication of production deviations and assistance with quality investigations are required, as applicable. This position supervises Quad 4 (alternating Wednesdays, Tuesday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 5:30 am). Start and end times are subject to change based on business demands.
This position is a member of the Manufacturing Operations organization.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of media and buffer preparation requirements for cell culture, and aseptic processing or lab techniques
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- Basic mathematical skills
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Background to include an understanding of biology, chemistry, medical or clinical practices
- Previous experience managing, coaching, and providing instructions to staff
- Lead Manufacturing Associate or equivalent experience
Bachelor's degree plus 4-6 years of experience
OR Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 7 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
OR High School diploma/GED and 8 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures staff are properly trained on controlled, approved GMP procedures.
- Manages individual development plans for direct reports.
- Documents employee growth and performance.
- Reviews and approves employee timecards.
- Conducts annual employee performance review with direct reports.
- Documents and addresses employee corrective actions and performance improvement plans.
- Trained in all areas of manufacturing staff upon completion of all proficient tasks.
- Pre- and Post-Production shift communication to manufacturing team.
- Manages on the floor production issues cross functionally.
- Escalates concerns/ issues to Manufacturing Management.
- Hires and interviews new employees.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions; however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may be necessary.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and documentation.
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face, core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions.
- Use of reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents are expected.
- Ability to work in the vicinity of strong magnets.
- Potential routine exposure to human blood components.
- Designated areas may prohibit food, any outside materials such as cell phones, tablets, at a minimum.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
This is the end of the Official Use document
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top