Lead Automation Engineer
- Devens, MA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Control System initiatives such as Change/Project Implementation, Incident/Issue Investigation & resolution, CAPA & Safety related corrective actions and manufacturing support.
- Support the operation of all GMP and non-GMP systems (BAS) and other auxiliary equipment at the Devens MA facility that run on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's).
- Implement system modifications by following appropriate standard operating procedures.
- Proactively investigate, design, configure / integrate and test process control solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Participate in cross functional teams in developing requirements
- Plan, implement and test design solutions per Good Automation Practices.
- Provide troubleshooting and guidance support of automation systems in support of Manufacturing.
- Participate in the rotational on-call support for automation/control systems along with other team members.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience programming and or troubleshooting PLC's (Allen Bradley Rockwell), preferable in a qualified environment.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- A minimum of five (5) years hands on development and or troubleshooting experience is required.
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of computerized systems and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams.
Work both independently and in a team environment at all levels of the organization. Regular contact with internal departments and external business units to ensure alignment and occasional contact with related regulatory authorities.
Works in an office setting and GMP manufacturing environment. Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Take action, final decision, recommend solutions. Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise sound judgment in making decisions and recommendations within generally defined practices and policies. Notify senior management when necessary.
Limited direct supervision is required. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet deliverables as agreed upon with management. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules. Identifies and reports any discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to senior management, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
Project-based supervision of internal or external resources may be required.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top