At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Head WW Medical Markets will connect WW Medical and Major Markets & Intercon Markets around early asset strategy and tumor strategy
Executive Director, Head WW Medical Market, Hematology
- Establish role as the primary liaison to ensure bi-direction communication/ alignment around hematology asset strategy between WW Medical Hematology and market hematology for Major Markets and Intercon Markets.
- Partner with Commercial, Market Access, and Regulatory to design the filing strategy for new molecules and design, implement, and evolve a cohesive Life Cycle management plan
- Communicate the data generation strategy and participate appropriately to appropriately inform the strategy and prioritization of global, regional and local studies. Integrate Global Development Operations (GDO) and Regional Clinical Operations (RCO) in strategy definition and feasibility. Appropriately collaborate with and engage Market Access/Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) to inform data gaps and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance related to local Medical activities, ensuring compliance with SOPs, GCP and International Conference on Harmonization is appropriately considered and incorporated in WW Medical activities/strategy. Accountable for compliance with legal and ethical standards
- Identify potential, and facilitate the establishment of, research collaborations with academic, governmental and research charities in hematology, in line with WW, Major Markets and/or Intercon, & Country priorities, including pre-clinical, translational, clinical, RWE and digital health programs
- Support optimal BMS engagement and interaction with Country TLs to support development strategies in alignment with DAHs
- Collaborates closely with CMD, DAH and BUD to identify and assess lifecycle management opportunities for the Country. Provides this information to WW/EMAC Medical for communication to Global Lifecycle Management Teams
- Foster and facilitate, in conjunction with Disease Area Heads, appropriate external TL engagement, including during Congresses
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MD, PhD, or PharmD
- 10+ years of development/clinical & medical experience with an emphasis on Global or market-based Medical Affairs experience
- Clinical and/or industry experience with Hematology preferred.
- Expertise in leading through influence & building collaborative networks
- Experience in writing & interpreting scientific publications, & representing companies at international congresses
- Demonstrated success delivering results in a matrix environment and in a variety of business situations
- Working knowledge of Research and Drug Development, including RWE, and ability to communicate data in an impactful way
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.