Engagement Specialist - Senior Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Department Title and Description
Worldwide Customer Capabilities (WCC); Worldwide Engagement Planning and Content Capabilities (WEPCC); Worldwide Engagement and Channel Planning - The Worldwide Engagement and Channel Planning team drives zero-based, channel-agnostic engagement, content and measurement strategy and plans across WCC, leads digital and media channel planning in collaboration with our business partners, and leads cross-functional teams (business, matrix, agency partners) across WEPCC to execute and optimize those BMS digital campaigns, tactics, and programs to meet and exceed business strategy and objectives (including brand, medical, R&D).
Purpose/Objective of the Job
- Support seamless interaction between the Brand (Marketing, Medical, Access) teams, Worldwide Engagement Planning and Content Capabilities teams, Business Information and Analytics (BI&A), matrix teams and agencies. Partners with business on development of brand digital strategy delivering channel insights and tactical recommendations and leading execution of digital brand campaigns, tactics and programs to drive operational effectiveness, business impact and meet objectives.
- Leverage Digital Capabilities, standards and best practices to drive customer engagement for the brand. Examples include and are not limited to web sites, Interactive Visual Aids (IVAs), eMail, Display Ads, Remote Engagement and Search Engine Marketing. Other examples to be identified based on brand/WCC needs.
- Serves as the dedicated point-of-contact for a business or market, associated digital agencies and Worldwide Engagement & Content Capabilities teams to enable seamless execution of strategy and lead execution of digital campaigns/tactics
- Collaborates with Brand/market leads on campaign/tactic strategy and provides input on the development of functional plans
- Coordinates with Capabilities, Production Management, Worldwide Engagement Planning & Content Capabilities, WCC and Business Analytics and Insights on the following activities:
- Prioritization of campaigns and tactics
- Definition of campaign/tactic success (e.g. development of metrics plan)
- Evaluation and optimization of brand tactics
- Driving tactical plan to accomplish KPI and brand objectives
- Prioritization of campaigns and tactics
- Provides digital expertise into the ongoing evolution of customer model by working with business/brand leads on critical business priorities
- Maintains view of the competitive landscape and has a broad perspective across BMS and pharma industry to identify and drive best practice around digital expertise
- Drives innovation culture and coordinates with marketing leads to develop innovative digital tactics and apply metrics / analytics
- Identifies long-term process needs of the marketing team focused on digital capabilities and develops/executes a plan to address these.
- Identify opportunities for synergies and collaboration within and across therapeutic areas
- Lead on the relationship with digital agencies/vendors to define project scope, costs, timelines, and deliverables
- Partner with other Engagement Specialists to provide early insight into lead markets material creation to drive content re-use.
- Deliver creative briefs and other necessary requirements documentation to support the development of digital programs
- Provide budget recommendations and estimates for digital plan tactics
- Monitor, manage and provide regular updates on campaign/project financials
- Partner closely with Production Management to provide direction and support to project teams and implement changes when needed in order to achieve project objectives
- Monitor project status and budget and provide regular reporting on progress, challenges, and solutions
- Collaborate with other Engagement Specialists to enable consistency and best practice sharing across the enterprise
- Facilitate and drive re-use of relevant assets
- Identify business process and capability improvement opportunities aligned to the needs of the business
- Conducts engagement planning briefings for senior management and external representatives
- Flex coverage across Engagement Planning on as-needed basis
Key Stakeholders/Contacts - describe this position's key internal matrix relationships and key external stakeholders/clients - Internal (Brand Team, BI&A, Capabilities, Digital Operations, Production Management, Other WWC and Business Insights and Analytics ) External (Agencies and 3rd party Vendors).
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top