District Sales Manager, Gastroenterology - Southeast
- Atlanta, GA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
District Sales Manager, Gastroenterology - Southeast
This is an incredible opportunity to join the growing US Immunology Business at Bristol Myers Squibb and build a best-in-class District Sales Team to support the launch of Zeposia in Ulcerative Colitis. With this launch BMS will enter its third Therapeutic Area within Immunology and will represent our first entry into the GI space.
We are seeking District Sales Managers (or District Business Managers) for various locations in the US. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Zeposia Ulcerative Colitis business during a critical and exciting launch period and will manage a team of approximately 8-10 Territory Business Managers. This is a field-based role that will cover a defined district and travel will be required when deemed safe by the organization.
With an anticipated launch date in mid-2021, this leader will act with urgency and with passion to build out a best in class, diverse team of sales professionals to support this important launch for BMS and most notably for UC patients who need this important therapeutic option.
The Southeast region includes the following areas: Florida and Georgia.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a best in class District sales organization, including sourcing, recruiting, onboarding and training Territory Business Managers.
- Ensure talent recruited represents a truly diverse team of professionals to enhance our competitiveness and drives innovation.
- Build a team that can succeed within the "new norm" in our unprecedented external environment.
- Develop, review, modify and implement district business plan in line with sales strategy to support this critical launch.
- Identify opportunities in the marketplace, share best practices, and proactively communicate strategies to cross-functional partners and members of the Regional Leadership Team.
- Manage implementation of all promotional activities to support sales and marketing strategies, in accordance with BMS promotional policies.
- Interpret and integrate data to develop communication strategies to drive performance and productivity within the District.
- Explore and develop new relationships and effectively maintain existing relationships with key contacts and opinion leaders across the customer base, e.g., providers, healthcare systems, advocacy groups.
- Lead and develop a team of Territory Business Managers (TBMs) by providing strong leadership, ensuring flawless execution, building a winning culture, and delivering on sales expectations.
- Partner with a dynamic matrix team to help address customer needs and ensure we deliver on our objective of demonstrating value to our customers.
- Set specific and measurable objectives and track and analyze performance and productivity data against these measurements for the District.
- Meet or exceed sales goals utilizing approved materials and programs.
- Ensure superior execution of business unit and brand strategy within the District by translating strategy into District specific goals, objectives and business plans, taking into account unique characteristics of the District, e.g., geography, payer landscape, customer mix, etc.
- Effectively lead and embrace change within the organization, serve as a champion for change efforts and ensure understanding and alignment around changes.
- Hold yourself and the team accountable for business results and demonstration of the BMS BioPharma Values.
- Serve as a role model for best-in-class Compliance and hold the District accountable for Compliance by ensuring all practices within the District are compliant with the BMS Compliance Code of Conduct, PhRMA Code, OIG Guidelines, PDMA Policies and Procedures and all other applicable laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Working knowledge of geographic condition / customer base.
- Understanding of environmental and industry trends, and impact on business.
- Participation in the development and implementation of strategy on a geographic or product basis.
- Ability to travel up to 75-80% of the time including periodic travel to our NJ headquarters.
- Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distance apart) and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
- Experience building and leading high-performance teams of diverse backgrounds is strongly preferred.
- Prior specialty sales experience is preferred. Examples include sales management, operations, sales learning, finance, marketing, market access, etc.
- Prior experience in the Immunology, Gastrointestinal, Inflammatory Bowel Disease space is strongly preferred.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top