Disease Area Head, Cardiovascular and Established Brands, US Medical
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Disease Area Head (DAH), Cardiovascular and Established Brands, US Medical (USM) plays a critical leadership role in the development and execution of the BMS Cardiovascular and Established Brands strategy. Leading a team of medical professionals across USM, this role is accountable for translating medical, customer & competitive insights into implications and plans for the brand and disease area. In addition, this role requires a cross-matrix leader to drive forward and provide oversight across the disease area in partnership with Alliance.
Develop a USM strategy in partnership with the Commercial and Development teams and Alliance partners to deliver cohesive strategic medical plan.
• Transform clinical and other data into medical knowledge for both internal and external stakeholders
• Accountable for the alignment & delivery of the cardiovascular book of work
• Drive an integrated strategy and communication platform, ensuring optimized and aligned thought leader interactions and seamless coordinated communications both internally and externally.
• Establish linkages across all major functions (e.g. Development, R&D, HEOR, Value Access & Pricing, Regulatory, Commercial, Corporate Affairs, etc.) and building alignment with cross-functional partners on key initiatives such as developing an optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access
• Partner with Development, Research and Development, and Commercial to manage the Non-Registrational Data Generation (NRDG) budget including investigator sponsored studies
• Plan & execute scientific content development for congresses and advisory boards
• Create a scientific and medical communication strategy
• Develop & maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, as well as thought leaders, advocacy and disease organizations
• Adapt to a changing environment through contingency planning and appropriate resource allocation
• Ensure compliance with medical, regulatory, legal and ethical standards
• Participate on the US & USM Cardiovascular and Established Brands Senior Leadership Teams
• Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
• Clinical or industry experience in cardiovascular is strongly preferred
• Relevant industry (Medical Affairs or Clinical Development) academic and clinical experience for 10-15 years
• Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred
• Strong leadership presence with the ability to represent both the US Medical function in multiple forums both internally and externally
• Keen understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research, payer & access issues
• Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
• Demonstrated track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans (e.g. leading appropriate pre-launch, launch and post-launch medical activities)
• Attention to detail with excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, high-level negotiation skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
• Demonstrated track record of successfully contributing to and managing high-performance cross-functional matrix teams in a complex organization with minimal direct supervision
• Previous people management experience in hiring, developing and retaining strong talent
• Ability to have an enterprise view beyond the current scope of responsibilities
• Skillful in managing teams through change
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top