Director, TA Biostatistician
- Berkeley Heights, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Dir/Senior. Dir. TA Biostatistician initiates and oversees the statistical support for the development of single/multiple compounds within hematology in close collaboration with hematology Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Global Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology, and Translational Development partners. Contributes to Clinical Development Plans, submissions, and post-submission strategies, preparations and defenses. Provides guidance and management to statisticians to ensure high quality and timely deliverables. Serves as the statistical representative in the defense of the company position/approach on statistical issues and drug approvals globally.
- Contributes to creation/maintenance of, and provides training on statistical topics, and departmental SOPs, WPs.
- Shapes Biostatistics function, creates and leverages programs, policies, and procedures to provide value added solutions for Biostatistics.
- Provides guidance and management to statisticians to ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
- Manages resources within a therapeutic area, sets priorities, and ensures consistency and adherence to standards therein.
- Manages a functional or project budget, and has authority to allocate company resources according to project needs
- Proactively builds partnerships with specialist functions and global counterparts to maximize knowledge and available resources.
- Advises and influences senior leadership/functional leads on Biostatistics strategies as well as functional issues that have a business impact.
- Manages and coordinates limited resources to produce quality deliverables within timelines for competing priorities.
- Acts as a resource/mentor to study team members - both internally and externally.
- Assesses, provides direction, and resolves complex stakeholder concerns, providing direction to direct reports. Represents Biostatistics function at high level global project meetings.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Statistics or related field.
- Have 11+ (or 13+ years for MS) years pharmaceutical experience in a pharmaceutical R&D environment.
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial design concepts, drug regulation, and experience in the management of the statistical functional.
- Demonstrated development of approaches to enhance the Workforce Planning and Talent Management strategy of the internal and external talent pools within a therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated development of resourcing strategies and recruiting practices, working with senior leaders to define positions and organizational structure, and anticipating future requirements and specialty areas.
- Previous direct supervisory experience of statisticians
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with clinical team members with good interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Previous direct experience in related therapeutic area/disease area preferred.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top