Director, DCM, Commercialization Applications Solution Architect
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Director, DCM, Commercialization Applications Solution Architect
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Director, Digital Capability Management, Commercialization Solution Architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design activities related to the development of Commercial and Medical specific application solutions architecture across the digital capability investment portfolio. This individual creates deliverables for the commercialization portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions including shared application services, shared infrastructure services, and information components to better match targeted business outcome objectives.
The solution architect owns the solution strategy and life-cycle of the technical assets within their domain This role contributes to the Digital Capability Management (DCM) Roadmap thought leadership and digital strategy of the company by collaborating with IT Plan leaders to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology, leveraging enterprise platforms and cloud solutions to drive business growth and profitability. This role leads a team of solution architects and possesses domain experience in Commercial IT and Medical IT to develop cross functional solutions and propose solution alternatives within the context of the business drivers.
- In partnership with Digital Capability Manager (DCMs), leads the development and implementation on projects, partnering with business stakeholders, IT Business Partners and Capability Delivery colleagues to define, plan for, prioritize, deliver & support strategic digital capabilities and ensure maximum value is achieved.
- Ensures solutions satisfy business needs, are appropriately aligned with BMS Enterprise Architecture and industry standards, and are engineered to be reliable, cost effective, scalable, and sustainable throughout the expected lifecycle.
- In partnership with Primary DCM, manages the delivery of internal and external technical teams including solution architecture definition, technical design, development, testing, integration, and deployment.
- Authors and/or reviews technical documentation including solution architecture, technical design, detailed design, and IQ/OQ documents.
- Develops technical proof-of-concepts including hands-on development and analysis as required
- Leads the identification and evaluation of new technologies, delivery methods (e.g., SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), and application development methodologies and supporting toolsets.
- Serve as a hands-on technical solution architect for commercial and medical application projects and enhancements within the IT commercial business applications team.
- Work collaboratively with IT service leads to ensure robust and most optimal solutions are developed.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on the technical architecture and design considerations of the solution.
- Develop commercial IT guidelines for delivery, configuration, development and support of all IT commercial business applications capabilities
- Partner closely with DCMs and IT team members for technical design and architecture of the solutions leveraging various commercial IT capabilities
- Drive the definition of data elements and needs in support of commercial sales operations, medical and/or marketing operations
- Analyze current technical designs and make improvements as needed
- Oversee delivery of small to medium initiatives for Commercial business applications
- Provide guidance, options and alternatives for solutioning on relevant CRM, analytical tools/technologies/applications to address business challenges/demand in collaboration with Enterprise Architects
- Responsible for leading solutioning activities, impact assessments and bringing appropriate stakeholders involved in the downstream design and build activities
- Work with external vendors and developers assigned as project resources and solution providers to evaluate technologies and recommend scalable solutions
- Understand customer needs/requests and develop solution architecture that meet business needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure service design compliance with enterprise information architecture, which will then be used to achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
- Partners with IT Business Partners and Digital Capability Managers to define, plan for, prioritize, deliver & support strategic digital capabilities and ensure maximum value is achieved.
- Influences vendor/technology roadmaps in alignment with BMS strategy.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in Information Technology, pharmaceutical, healthcare, or financial industry
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Familiar with Agile, DevOps, and Cloud Based Solutions preferred
- Experience in evaluating commercial products (e.g., software packages) and services and influencing the negotiation process for vendor products.
- Working knowledge of GxP regulations and delivery of IM projects in a GxP environment.
- Working knowledge of the major commercial SaaS platforms (Salesforce, Veeva), COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) applications and the custom-built applications.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including executive stakeholders.
- Ability to achieve successful consensus among differing priorities and stakeholders in both the IT and Business communities.
- Substantial cross-functional, multi-site, matrix management and team building experience.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top