Development Team Lead
- Shanghai, China
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
China Development Program Leader
R&D BMS China
Title: China Development Team Lead
Location: Shanghai, China
Overview: The China R&D Development Team Lead is a bridge between China & global R&D to drive clinical development strategy, including design, execution, interpretation of clinical trials and successful filing and approval in China market through the strategic leadership to ensure safe and effective use of BMS products
The Development Team Lead are scientific and clinical leaders who serves as a key member of the core Full Development Team and responsible for the overall clinical development plan for an asset or assets in one or more indications/tumor types, including registrational and non-registrational studies, with the support of the Clinical or Senior Clinical Leads.. Solicits and integrates input from statistics, regulatory, operations, and outcomes research, medical, commercial, and other experts both internal and external to BMS. Ensures that studies are aligned with target label indications and commercial goals, and are properly designed and conducted.
The Development Team Leader are matrix leaders who select, lead, develop, motivate and achieve results through teams.
Professional experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership in cross functional working
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels.
- Ability to inspire the team to strive for excellence in clinical design, execution, interpretation and successful filing and approval in China market
- Demonstrated leadership in design and execution of clinical trials (e.g. significant experience as a senior clinical leader), and exhibits all of the following attributes:
- Able to synthesize internal and external data to produce a clinical strategy.
- Able to ensure that the clinical program will result in a viable registrational strategy.
- Able to work with other stakeholders to ensure a robust enterprise level strategy for asset(s) and indication(s) including early, late and post-marketing development.
- Sustained excellent performance as Senior Clinical Lead or equivalent.
- Ability to influence and motivate others outside of direct line of authority.
- Ability to navigate through a complex team or matrix environment.
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative.
- Results oriented and goal driven.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to develop creative output based on interpretation and analysis.
- Demonstrates willingness to put an extra effort when necessary to pursue tasks to conclusion.
- MD preferably with a background in clinical oncology or regulatory professionalism; PhD, Pharm D or other health related scientific field with a deep understanding of the clinical oncology of the area of interest or equivalent therapy area knowledge. At least 9 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent skills & knowledge with a whole/intense view of drug development and regulatory approval
- Demonstrated the leadership in understanding of the drug development
- Ability to interface with global effectively
- Timeline and resources management
Leading Compliance & Integrity Culture
- Embrace BMS culture of integrity and strictly adhere to BMS policy, BMS White Book and Standards of Business Conduct &Ethics.
- On a consistent (i.e., weekly or bi-weekly) basis, speaks with the team about the importance of compliance and integrity, and creates pride in BMS's commitment to compliance;
- On a quarterly basis, provides compliance training to the team; answer the team's compliance questions, or refers them to an appropriate resource if s/he doesn't know the answer;
- Actively monitors the team members to prevent non-compliant behavior and looks into details before approving any expenses
- Provides constructive suggestions to improve the BMS China compliance program
- Is a compliance role model and leads by example.
- Takes accountability to own organized events and provides adequate documentations. If organizes any event, must comply with all company policy and makes sure all activities are closed within 90 days after the event date. If subordinates are responsible for organizing events, must monitor the responsible person close PO's within 90 days after the event date.
- Is Compliant with the norms of the business communication, ethics, subordination, regulations of the confidentiality.
- Proactively obtains and innovatively refines the information including external market trends and the internal rules and regulations, internal procedures, messages, goals and vision of the management of the organization and shares relevant information with the team and colleagues timely to achieve company goal.
- Timely performs tasks, orders and instructions of the manager.
- Escalates / Reports to the manager of the department or function about all thechallenges and shortcomings within Employee's power and competency.
- Proposes motions for the work development related to the Role.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top