Development Program Leader CC-486
- Jersey City, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we're creating innovative medicines for patients who are fighting serious diseases. We're also nurturing our own team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter our role, each of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Position: Development Program Lead (DPL)
Location: Princeton, NJ USA; Summit, NJ USA; Boudry, Switzerland
Development Program Lead (DPL) - CC-486 (oral azacitidine)
The Development Program Leader (DPL) serves as the leader of the cross-functional Development Team. The DPL is accountable for leading the vision and growth strategy for an asset or portfolio of assets entering full development through the asset lifecycle for both BMS-sponsored development programs and for development projects with external collaborators. This role is also accountable for driving the execution of the strategy in partnership with the Development Project Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creates and delivers the vision and strategy for development of new or existing molecular entities for CC-486 (oral azacitidine) and the myeloid / lymphoid disease area
- Represents the program to governance committees to enable timely and well-informed decision making at major stage gates
- Engages senior leaders and functional area stakeholders to ensure alignment of program strategy and operational plans with functional area capabilities, including adequate and timely resourcing of development teams
- Builds a high performing team culture by engaging matrix team members on the vision and ensuring clear team member roles and responsibilities, promoting team cohesiveness to optimize performance, and mediating conflict resolution
- Leads and manages the cross functional development team to:
- Assess business opportunities informed by scientific, regulatory, clinical and commercial aspects
- Shape product strategy for competitive profiling to support our value story
- Define project goals and objectives
- Holistically assesses data needs for Registrational and Non-Registrational Data Generation across various markets
- Adhere to the Product Development and Commercialization (PD&C) processes for the selected asset and achievement of key milestones
- Proactively identifies potential risks and drives the execution of mitigation strategies
- Interpret and communicate key clinical trial results and regulatory milestones to appropriate governance boards
- Develop a data generation strategy that addresses both regulatory and reimbursement needs globally
- Partner with both internal and external teams to develop and execute a Publication Strategy for primary and secondary publications
- Secure required headcount and budget to achieve global PD&C plan and drives allocation and prioritization of activities across Research and Development, including Regulatory, Worldwide Medical, etc.
- Oversee relevant sub-teams and ensures clear goals and performance standards are in place, provides feedback and coaching, and holds sub-team leaders accountable for key deliverables
- Manage performance across the matrix team, in collaboration with the functional leaders
- Drives successful execution of the approved program strategies
- On an ongoing basis, clearly communicates evolving program risks, implications of changes in the competitive landscape, and progress toward key milestones.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with external stakeholders (Opinion Leaders, Strategic Alliance Partners, Patient Advocacy Leaders, Health Authorities)
- Actively supports Investor Relations and Public Affairs in managing external BMS communications
- MD/PhD/PharmD/secondary scientific degree preferred
- Late stage hematology drug development experience is preferable
- A minimum of 7 years in the pharmaceutical industry, Health Authorities and/or academic experience, with proven progression in relevant R&D roles and significant experience in related therapeutic area
- Extensive working knowledge in the drug development process, along with expertise in one or more of the relevant areas (e.g. clinical, regulatory, program management, project planning and management, medical)
- Experience in managing/leading high performance, cross-functional teams (matrix) or complex organizations successfully
- Demonstrated ability to constructively influence peers and senior leaders across R&D
- Working knowledge of regulations in the Pharmaceutical industry (US and Global preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across geographic and functional boundaries (e.g. early development, R&D, disease strategy teams, marketing, access, etc.) and building strong external relationships
- Ability to navigate through a complex and dynamic healthcare environment
- Abreast of scientific issues as they impact business development and strategic planning
- Success in situations requiring rigorous, analytical problem solving and the ability to determine scientific opportunity and commercial targets
- Broad understanding of domestic and international issues relative to the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven agility in prioritizing and navigating competing demands
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top