Data Science Lead
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Data Sciences Lead Programmer uses the SAS programming language and other software to integrate data from diverse sources for pharmacometric analyses in support of regulatory filings and internal decisions. The individual will prepare analysis data sets for use by pharmacometric modeling experts, and produce tables, listings, and figures, and assist in the preparation of pharmacometric reports and esubmission datasets with the support of other subject matter experts.
- Leading programmers and applying expert knowledge of SAS to integrate clinical data and pharmacokinetic data to prepare analysis datasets for pharmacometric analysis in NONMEM and other modeling tools
- Implement sophisticated algorithms to derive complex data sets, and address data issues
- Demonstrate very strong attention to quality and detail and the ability to detect data anomalies
- Employ Spotfire visualization software, and optimize the effective utilization and benefits of Spotfire
- Attain and apply solid knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and other scientific areas to partner with experts in order to integrate data sources efficiently and effectively
- Prepare tables, listings, and figures, and assist in the preparation of pharmacometric reports, for filing with health authorities and responses to queries from health authorities
- Develop and maintain competence in UNIX, Spotfire, R, Python and various Linux/UNIX tools including bash
- Will use python to develop applications that bring efficiency to processes
- Interact with internal and external partners utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop innovative technologies to improve workflows
- Mentor junior programmers in the group.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, computer science, mathematics, or statistics
- Excellent SAS programming language skills, especially the SAS DATA step and those PROCs necessary to manipulate data
- At least four years experience in preparing SAS data sets for analysis
- At least two years experience preparing SAS data sets for pharmacometric analysis in NONMEM, NLME, or WinNonLin
- Solid understanding of pharmacokinetic data, clinical data, NONMEM concepts and data issues with programming NONMEM data sets.
- Ability to implement sophisticated algorithms to derive complex data sets and address data issues.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in preparing SAS data sets for analysis.
- Very strong attention to quality and detail, and the ability to detect data anomalies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- SAS certified Clinical Trial Programmer for SAS 9.0
- SAS certified Base Programmer for SAS 9.0
- Skill with R.
- Master's in engineering, science, computer science, mathematics, or statistics.
- Competence in UNIX or Linux, and skill with bash scripting and UNIX filters.
- Familiarity with principles of quality control and the validation of computer programs.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top