Data Science Intern (June 2021- May 2022)
- Tampa, FL
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The intern in the Data Science group will utilize various software including SAS, R, Python, Spotfire and UNIX to develop a script or macro to automate various tasks in the pharmacometric programming process. The candidate will be given basic training in these software to accommodate the requirements of the project. The tool developed will be incorporated into the Data Science workflow.
• Apply expert knowledge of SAS to integrate clinical and pharmacokinetic data for pharmacometric analysis, implement sophisticated algorithms to derive complex data sets and address data issues.
• Demonstrate very strong attention to quality and detail and the ability to detect data anomalies
• Employ Spotfire visualization software and act as an expert resource in order to optimize the effective utilization and benefits of Spotfire
• Attain and apply solid knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and other scientific areas to partner with experts in order to integrate data sources efficiently and effectively
• Develop and maintain competence in UNIX, Spotfire, R and various Linux//Unix tools including bash
• Interact with internal partners utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Familiarity with content management systems (CMS), especially SharePoint or Vitalize
• Self-directed learner who is able to learn new processes and software programs quickly
• Familiarity with ticket management systems (e.g. Vitalize)
• Ability to communicate with key stakeholders and clients
- Candidates must be available for an internship that will run from June 2021- May 2022
- Candidates must be available to be onsite at the BMS- Tampa, FL location for the year internship (Up to 40 hours per week in summer and up to 20 hours per week in fall & spring)
- Candidates must be actively enrolled in school during the internship with a graduation date of May 2022 or later
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top