Business Control Function II Coordinator Argentina, Chile & Peru
- Santiago, Chile
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Primary objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the Anti-Bribery/FCPA/Oversight monitoring process as required by BCF Work Instructions.
- Perform reviews to verify adherence to local and corporate policies, procedures, local regulations, codes of ethics and conduct and accounting standards applicable to areas such as Invoice to Pay, Procurement, Interactions with HCP's, T & E, Contract Management, Finance, others.
- Test and review the operating effectiveness of controls per the SOX and Non Sox Internal Control Standard; design and implement control deficiency remediation plans, and submit testing scope waiver requests as needed.
- Facilitate the review and certification of the Local Management Rep Letters.
- Monitor control activities, compliance meetings and test result assessments for work performed by external parties, e.g. Distributors, PSP Vendors, etc.
- Quarterly, compile significant organizational process or system changes and submit the Change in Internal Control Report (CICR) timely.
- Perform the financial risk assessment annually and quarterly reassess appropriateness. Engage process owners for assessing risk and related controls.
- Maintain Approval Authority Controls & Exceptions documentation (including coordination of DOA, GOA, etc.)
- Assist and support as necessary local operations and Finance with internal audits.
Key Outputs and measurements
- Quarterly reports timely submitted to HQ
- BCF Plan achieved.
- Satisfactory Internal Control Environment.
Skills, Competencies and Knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills: builds and maintains strong relationships with people from both the company and partners. Clearly transmits the key messages (written and oral communication). Can resolve disagreements and settle disputes equitably. Quickly gains trust of all parties involved.
- Accountability and Personally Committed: Accepts personal responsibility and persists in spite of difficulties to achieve objectives.
- Analytical Thinking: Analyses relationships among several parts of a problem or situation to evaluate or establish priorities
- Team Leadership: Promotes team morale and productivity. Takes action to persuade other team members to accept team mission and goals.
Education / Experience / Language
University's degree required. Subject matter in order of preference: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
- Knowledge of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Control Processes
Fluent in English written/oral
- Experience of SOX controls and internal/external audits
- Mastery of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Working experience with SAP is not mandatory but recommended
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top