Bioengineer I, Cell Therapy Process Development
- Warren, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS's continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Design, perform, and interpret experiments focused on appropriate LCM goals, participate in LCM process transfers, troubleshoot issues, and support GMP manufacturing activities. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory and communicate with collaborators. Contribute to process characterization and validation activities doe LCM initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Independently design and execute/implement cellular process development, characterization, and optimization studies on one or more of the following LCM areas: cell culture, cell harvesting, immuno-selection, tissue processing, cryopreservation, phenotyping, transduction etc.
- Provide technical and operational input to team experiments
- Prioritize and characterize process variables, contribute to validation design and execution.
- Contribute on cross-functional teams to ensure efficient internal or external process transfers
- Solve problems that arise, including those in larger teams and process transfers
- Demonstrate proficiency in analytics, statistical analysis, and effective presentation of analysis
- Present research findings to other groups and provide broader scientific guidance
- Document experimental results in peer-reviewed reports
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Define/maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology related discipline with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Creativity to define the future of manufacturing for cell-based therapies
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work without technical supervision
- Must have strong engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
- Ability to assess risk and develop contingency plans for process risks
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience working in a regulated environment or with cell therapies would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaboration skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations
- Must be proficient in statistical data processing software such as JMP or Minitab
- Ability to review, interpret, and disseminate relevant developments in the literature
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there's no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients' lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top