Associate Scientist, Cancer Drug Discovery
- Cambridge, MA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Scientist, Cancer Drug Discovery
The new Bristol-Myers Squibb research site in Cambridge's Kendall Square will help us continue to deliver on our mission, positioningthe company and our scientists in the heart of a vibrant ecosystem of world-class science, innovation and business opportunities.
The Mechanisms of Cancer Resistance Thematic Research Center at BMS is one of the fundamental research and early development engines delivering oncology therapeutics to patients. The scientists at this state-of-the-art research and development site in Cambridge focus on novel tumor intrinsic targets and pathways for tumors that are refractory to current Immuno-Oncology and Oncology therapies, and implement our discovery platforms across all of our therapeutic areas of focus. We are a fully integrated drug discovery through translational and early clinical development organization which exploits state-of-the-art in vitro, in vivo and ex-vivo models of cancer biology to identify and validate targets. We partner closely with colleagues in Translational Medicine, Informatics and Predictive Sciences and Early Clinical Development to generate biomarker and patient enrichment hypotheses to enable efficient decision making in early clinical trials. We are optimally positioned to complement the world-class translational expertise, biology and leading academic research centers in the area.
This laboratory-based position requires a highly motivated, passionate, and creative individual that possesses the ability to work across a highly matrixed environment to advance preclinical programs from target identification/validation through IND enabling activities. The ideal candidate will have experience in laboratory-based research in the areas of tumor intrinsic biology, cancer cell signaling and mechanisms of response to targeted therapies. Experience in immuno-oncology is also desirable. This position will offer the candidate the opportunity to work broadly across different therapeutic target classes and drug modalities while developing strong collaborations with colleagues from our supportive line functions (including medicinal chemistry, screening, in vivo pharmacology and translational research). In addition to working on scientific projects, and based on the individual's interest and capabilities, candidate will have ample opportunities to propose, participate in and lead company initiatives.
- A B.S. with of 2-4 years, or an M.S. with a minimum of 0-2 years of industry experience with hands-on research experience in cancer biology, cell signaling and molecular biology is required. Experience in immuno-oncology is preferred but not essential.
- Hands on experience with a wide range of in vitro cellular and biochemical assays such as cell culture, cell line engineering, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISAs, and reporter assays is required.
- Experience designing, optimizing and running high-throughput assays is preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry and high-content imaging platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting is required.
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as Graph Pad, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is required.
- Ability to mentor more junior scientists and colleagues on best practices in the laboratory would be highly valued.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
- This position is located in Cambridge, MA. There will be less than 10% travel.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top