At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The WW Medical I&F Intercon Lead will play a critical leadership role in linking the region and countries with WW Medical I&F by representing the regional viewpoint in interfacing with home office stakeholders and sharing information and strategy with the countries
- Lead understanding of Intercon's launch needs. Distill key risks and opportunities and escalate them to the WW Medical Launch Readiness Forum and the Global Launch Office
- Lead launch best practice sharing forums
- Ensure country and regional leadership are aware of how Intercon plans are incorporated into WW Medical and Evidence Generation plans and how WW Medical is supporting the local Medical teams
- Represent those markets not included in the Medical Matrix Teams (MMT) at the MMT meetings: ensure inbound and outbound communication and that markets' needs are taken into consideration in the development of the WW Medical plan
- Strive for synergies across the portfolio and the region while leading the integration of local data generation needs into the development of the integrated evidence plans
- Provide high level strategic expertise and connect local teams with the WW Medical team to ensure prompt and tailored support
- Interpret WW portfolio outputs for the markets to ensure appropriate understanding of context to drive effective local execution
- Develop dashboards for deliverables and communicate appropriately on a regular basis in partnership with Intercon Strat & Ops Lead
- Partner effectively with cross-functional partners such as the Intercon Medical and Commercial Strat & Ops leads, Field Medical Excellence and the WW Commercialization leads to develop and maintain a seamless regional/WW interface
- Ensure the best operating model for I&F Medical is in place in Intercon in close partnership with key stakeholders in Intercon and WW
- Lead Intercon related projects initiated by WW Medical
- Proactively identify and remove countries' roadblocks by triaging the communication between WW functions and local medical teams
- Foster both informal and formal cross-functional and geographical collaboration and a sense of belonging
- Promote a culture of innovation, constructive challenge and accountability within Intercon I&F
- Advanced scientific/business degree (PhD, PharmD, MBA)
- 5+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs
- Broad knowledge of immunology with deep expertise in at least one of the following therapeutic areas: gastroenterology, dermatology, neurology and rheumatology
- Experience working with and understanding of Global and Intercon environments
- Experience working in China highly regarded
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused
- Highly organized, analytical, solution oriented and resourceful individual possessing excellent communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence across matrix - emotional intelligence, curiosity and skills in proactively identifying, building and maintaining key relationships across the enterprise and intelligently leveraging them
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.