Associate Director, Treasury Operations
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming patients' lives through science. At the core of that mission are the talented individuals who contribute their "unique" skillsets to help us drive innovation and deliver truly life-changing drugs for our patients. As we continue to pursue that mission, we're looking for talented professionals like you to join our team. What unique gene will you bring?
Working within Corporate Treasury reporting to Assistant Treasurer, the Associate Director Pension & Savings serves as a subject matter expert on our global pension & savings plans, and is responsible for the development and execution of de-risking strategies, along with compliance with internal policies and external regulations. The position is located in NJ.
The position works in full compliance with laws, industry regulations, BMS Policies and Procedures including Business Rules as well as the BMS Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Primary objectives include, but are not limited to:
1. Serve as internal subject matter expert on the Company's global pension & savings plans
2. Establish productive relationships with local fiduciary bodies and external partners
3. Identify and lead the execution of risk management opportunities aligned with the Company's overall de-risking strategy.
4. Develop and present business cases to stakeholders and senior management to secure resources and gain approval for transformational initiatives
5. Proactively and independently interact with various internal departments, including Human Resources, Benefits, Savings and Pension Plan Administration, Legal, Finance and Accounting/Reporting, in addition to a number of third party affiliates including actuaries, investment consultants, trustees, plan record keepers, investment managers, and others.
6. The individual will define and support key processes that ensure compliance with local regulations and company procedures.
Skills, Competencies and Knowledge
Strong financial, analytical and conceptual ability is required. Familiarity with investment concepts and an understanding of financial markets is required. The individual should be comfortable managing risk under uncertainty and working independently with both internal and external partners to achieve his/her objectives in a complex, matrixed environment. The successful candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact independently with various levels of senior management and external partners.
Education / Experience
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related discipline is required.
MBA and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred.
Minimum of eight years of diverse finance experience in financial analysis, or audit, accounting in a corporate setting
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Back to top