At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director of Pricing- Cardiovascular & Established Brands
The Associate Director Role on The Cardiovascular (CV) Pricing team evaluates the strategic implications of channel dynamics and ecosystem changes, and uses these insights to identify value-creating opportunities, and develop innovative pricing strategies for CV brands over their entire product life cycle. This role works closely with the CV access team to ensure implementation of value-creating pricing strategies and activities. The AD utilizes a deep understanding of BMS' CV portfolio, profitability objectives, health economics outcomes research, customer profiles, and the business environment to analyze pricing scenarios and formulate innovative pricing models. This position supports the integrated customer team and brings a strong analytical mindset and skills to aid in account and channel-specific access strategy development. The AD is responsible for identifying and evaluating creative and innovative pricing approaches in consideration of the evolving access landscape.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive, value-creating pricing strategy for CV and Established brands, ensuring they maintain strategic prominence with the customer in line with overall brand strategy
- Responsible for tracking and communicating competitive activities, as well as changes in the marketplace and the regulatory environment that impact pricing strategies
- Partners with the HEOR to ensure pricing strategies leverage and consider real world evidence
- Identifies future supporting evidence needs in partnership with CV brands
- Utilizes sophisticated analytics and strong financial acumen to evaluate impact of pricing scenarios on volume/revenue
- Works with CV brand access team for developing a comprehensive Gross to Net (GTN) strategy over the life cycle of the molecule, including the launch price, list price, discounts, etc.
- Initiates market research activities in support of CV pricing strategy and develops standardized methodologies and approaches for analyzing tiered pricing models, conducting pricing sensitivity analysis, and segmenting payers
- Links brand value proposition with GTN strategy, and develops of innovative programs like value-based contracting
- Assists the brand in evaluating the potential impact of value-creating programs, such as co-pay assistance, and the influence these programs have on various contracting options
- Works successfully across the matrix to balance the needs of and input from multiple stakeholders (e.g., the brand, Finance, Federal and Policy teams, HEOR, payer marketing , etc.) who may influence the ultimate pricing/contracting decision
- Maintains close partnership and coordination with the RAE/NAE account leads and Contract Operations in support of contract implementation with the customer
- Maintains close partnerships with others in VAP in exchanging insights and best practices, as well as leveraging skills to optimize pricing and contracting strategies across the portfolio
- Ensure close coordination with peers and key matrix partners, such as Finance, on budgeting and projections
- Candidate must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry is strongly advised
- Understands unique challenges and business drivers across multiple channels, (e.g., payers, IDNs, GPOs, pathway organization), and how these influence the customers' receptivity to various pricing schemes and contracting models
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to evaluate the impact of various pricing approaches which could be employed in a complex ecosystem/marketplace
- Solid business acumen including an understanding of the ways various customer types make money and create value
- Solid communication skills, the ability to work across boundaries in an internal matrix organization, and the capability to form strong, productive partnerships
- Experience in negotiating, executing, and implementing contracts
- Strong aptitude for learning quickly and an ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution of key initiatives and meet all deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Track record of highly ethical and compliant behavior
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Health Economics or a similar discipline is a plus
- Locations: Princeton - NJ - US
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.