Associate Director of Pricing- Immunology
- Princeton, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director of Pricing- Immunology
Overview: The Associate Director Role on The Immunology Pricing team
evaluates the strategic implications of channel dynamics and ecosystem changes, and uses these insights to identify value-creating opportunities, and develop innovative pricing strategies for Immunology brands over their entire product life cycle. This role works closely with the Immunology access team to ensure implementation of value-creating pricing strategies and activities. The AD utilizes a deep understanding of BMS' Immunology portfolio, profitability objectives, health economics outcomes research, customer profiles, and the business environment to analyze pricing scenarios and formulate innovative pricing models. This position supports the integrated customer team and brings a strong analytical mindset and skills to aid in account and channel-specific access strategy development. The AD is responsible for identifying and evaluating creative and innovative pricing approaches in consideration of the evolving access landscape.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive, value-creating pricing strategy for Immunology brands, ensuring they maintain strategic prominence with the customer in line with overall brand strategy
- Responsible for tracking and communicating competitive activities, as well as changes in the marketplace and the regulatory environment that impact pricing strategies
- Partners with the HEOR to ensure pricing strategies leverage and consider real world evidence
- Identifies future supporting evidence needs in partnership with Immunology brands
- Utilizes sophisticated analytics and strong financial acumen to evaluate impact of pricing scenarios on volume/revenue
- Works with Immunology brand access team for developing a comprehensive Gross to Net (GTN) strategy over the life cycle of the molecule, including the launch price, list price, discounts, etc.
- Initiates market research activities in support of Immunology pricing strategy and develops standardized methodologies and approaches for analyzing tiered pricing models, conducting pricing sensitivity analysis, and segmenting payers
- Links brand value proposition with GTN strategy, and develops of innovative programs like value-based contracting
- Assists the brand in evaluating the potential impact of value-creating programs, such as co-pay assistance, and the influence these programs have on various contracting options
- Works successfully across the matrix to balance the needs of and input from multiple stakeholders (e.g., the brand, Finance, Federal and Policy teams, HEOR, etc.) who may influence the ultimate pricing/contracting decision
- Maintains close partnership and coordination with the RAE/NAE account leads and Contract Operations in support of contract implementation with the customer
- Maintains close partnerships with others in VAP in exchanging insights and best practices, as well as leveraging skills to optimize pricing and contracting strategies across the portfolio
- Ensure close coordination with peers and key matrix partners, such as Finance, on budgeting and projections
- Candidate must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry is strongly advised
- Understands unique challenges and business drivers across multiple channels, (e.g., payers, IDNs, GPOs, pathway organization), and how these influence the customers' receptivity to various pricing schemes and contracting models
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to evaluate the impact of various pricing approaches which could be employed in a complex ecosystem/marketplace
- Solid business acumen including an understanding of the ways various customer types make money and create value
- Solid communication skills, the ability to work across boundaries in an internal matrix organization, and the capability to form strong, productive partnerships
- Experience in negotiating, executing, and implementing contracts
- Strong aptitude for learning quickly and an ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution of key initiatives and meet all deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Track record of highly ethical and compliant behavior
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Health Economics or a similar discipline is a plus
- Locations: Princeton - NJ - US
BMSIMMU, BMSGASTRO, BMSRHEUM, BMSNEUROT
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top