Associate Director, Contract Management
- San Diego, CA
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director, Contract Management position will act as the site-level single point of governance accountability for the IFM Service Provider scope of work. This position will oversee all facilities services and develop annual budgets for all services such as maintenance (hard services), hospitality (cafeteria, catering, office coffee, vending, special events, reception, etc.) housekeeping, pest control, mail, shipping and receiving, space planning and lab services (where appropriate). This position will require a core competency in the Hard Services. Through the development of mutually beneficial relationships (partnerships) and the execution of governance processes with the IFM Service Provider and internal BMS stakeholders such as BMS facilities operations, site customers, local and regional Finance, EHS, Quality, Procurement, Human Resources, Global Facilities Services and Global Energy departments, the Associate Director ,Contract Management will and is responsible for the governance, monitoring and assurance of all aspects of the facilities management scope of services to ensure a consistent and cost effective service delivery that meets the service delivery needs of the facility and the IFM Service Provider. This will be achieved by developing aligned objectives on service delivery and performance expectations between site leadership and the Service Provider.
The position will report to the appropriate accountable person at each facility (ex. GEF Site Director ,R&D Facilities Site Directors, Commercial Finance Director, GMS GMs or Facilities and Engineering leads).
Key focus is the successful governance and implementation of the IFM contract at the site level, acting as the single point of contact to govern, develop and maintain positive relationships with the Service Provider for all facilities management services at the facility. Furthermore, it is expected that consistency will be achieved across all sites through the use of matrix management and standardized governance processes within BMS. In this capacity the Associate Director ,Contract Management will be responsible for developing and monitoring yearly budgets in conjunction with the Service Provider and will facilitate/resolve site-specific governance issues with the IFM Service Provider and use good judgment when escalating issues throughout BMS's matrix organization.
- Demonstrates tangible leadership and relationship management skills both across primary BMS stakeholders and Service Provider's Account team.
- Aligns objectives of BMS and the Service Provider to ensure the service delivery model meets the needs of the facility and is mutually beneficial to BMS and Service Provider.
- Represents BMS's interests while overseeing service delivery and maintaining and growing relationships with the Service Provider utilizing both informal and standardized local and regional governance processes and partnerships with BMS stakeholders such as BMS facilities operations, site customers, local and regional Finance, EHS, Quality, Procurement, Human Resources, Global Facilities Services and Global Energy departments
- Responds to problems and concerns; oversees the implementation of BMS policies, rules and regulations as they relate to the IFM Service Provider to minimize BMS risk.
- Partners with the Service Provider Representative to assure excellent service delivery to the facility; reviews and monitors performance in line with agreed SLAs.
- Approval of service provider monthly and quarterly KPI metric results
- Reviews Service Provider's procedure manuals that demonstrate performance is being consistently delivered.
- Reviews and manages contract documents to ensure consistency and adherence with master contract and BMS's corporate standards
- Ensures superior delivery of all contract deliverables, including measurable value-add, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Works with Service Provider's account management team and internal BMS stakeholders to monitor and modify the service deliverables in accordance with the changing business needs of the facility.
- Develops site budget baseline and annual budget and assumptions with Service Provider
- Controls and is accountable for the annual site IFM services facility budget, including direct Controllable and indirect Non-Controllable contract service expenses, preventative maintenance costs, project costs, rental expenses, energy management expenses and project/capital items. Accountable for and participates in site invoice reconciliation process (in a pass-through commercial model) and shared savings financial management.
- Strong leader with a management style that exhibits high energy, collaboration, candor, openness, results orientation and an ability to manage and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation for facilities related services.
- Extensive contract management experience, preferably experience managing a performance based IFM contract.
- Strong financial management skills, including budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of variances.
- Development of executive level presentations.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or pilot plant environment or equivalent heavily regulated industry.
Knowledge/Technical Skills Desired
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Planning or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years operational experience with emphasis on integrated facility services. A core competency in the Hard Services and the management skills to oversee a portfolio of facilities services such as hospitality (cafeteria, catering, office coffee, vending, special events, reception, etc.) housekeeping, pest control, mail, shipping and receiving, space planning and lab services
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills to deal with and resolve issues ranging from senior level, to administrative, to maintenance/engineering and soft services
- Strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage to multi-million dollar budgets.
- Demonstrable Health & Safety knowledge and/or experience (IOSH minimum).
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, presentations and articles using distinctive style.
- Strong experience managing external business partners and vendors across various disciplines and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across functional lines and deliver results in a matrix organization
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top