Associate Director, Biostatistics
- Berkeley Heights, NJ
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director, Biostatistics (supporting medical affairs)
Director or Senior Director; Biostatistics
Global Biometrics and Data Science
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Effectively engages as a matrix team member on high level project teams to act as a scientific and strategic partner in the publication strategy and conference support
• Contributes to the effective delivery of a very large and diverse book of work including phase 4 study, RWE project and publications, across one or more BMS compounds within a TA and late stage pipeline assets
• Independently leads the development and execution of statistical aspects for BMS medical sponsored clinical trials, including contribution to study trial design, analysis planning, study results presentation and interpretation, clinical study report authoring and publications.
• Provides statistical input on investigator sponsored trials Utilizes strong technical skills to address complex issues within a team
• Demonstrates knowledge outside of traditional statistical expertise in the clinical, medical and commercial environments
• Presents summary data and analyses to key stakeholders and review committees in a clear, concise, complete and transparent manner that provide influence on key development decisions
• Extensive technical knowledge of statistical methodology that is appropriately applied in trial design and data analysis for clear, concise, high-quality results.
• Takes accountability for ensuring quality in all planning, design and execution of assignments Develop less experienced statisticians in the team
• PhD degree in statistics or biostatistics or Master's degree with relevant experience required.
• >8 years Pharmaceutical/R&D, including supporting Medical Affairs activities
• Expertise in statistical / clinical trials methodology as it relates to clinical development and real-world data analysis
• Capability to solve complex statistical problems
• Extensive data analysis planning, execution and delivery experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills evidenced in interactions with individuals at all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to develop relationships within the organization and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure to assist in goal achievement.
• SAS knowledge
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Back to top