Director of Responsible Sourcing
Director of Responsible Sourcing – Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Director of Responsible Sourcing supports existing framework while identifying areas for opportunity within company sourcing programs. The position oversees the social and environmental impact of sourcing including selection of suppliers, oversight of auditor results and performance, management of the corrective action plan process, performance of factory evaluations to determine Code of Conduct compliance, and conduct consulting/capacity building programs for designated factories.
The Director of Responsible Sourcing is also responsible for advising on social and environmental standards, creating and implementing team training programs and overseeing technical evaluations of factory manufacturing capabilities and capacities. Additional activities include ensuring alignment of international mission donations with sourcing strategies and goals and evaluating the broader environmental and social responsibility targets related to the operations of the business.
- Provide strategic vision, policy and leadership in the development and execution of comprehensive strategies, programs and initiatives relating to target responsible sourcing efforts.
- Develop strong relationships and build focused, integrated responsible sourcing programs in collaboration with relevant cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with suppliers and business partners to ensure alignment of strategies and policies and support global supplier sourcing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the various operations teams to ensure the existing strategies to meet responsible sourcing targets and oversight of suppliers is appropriate for these specific product categories and considers commodities identified as high risk from a responsible sourcing perspective.
- Create and implement models and policies to advance program maturity, standardize sourcing program, and support corporate and program goals.
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics.
- Develop and implement processes to standardize the sourcing programs.
- Provide overall direction for the Responsible Sourcing programs and company Mission.
- Collaboratively determine priority business partners and understand near and long-term growth plans for the business including business partners and countries of production.
- Assess general risks across its present portfolio of suppliers and of any new suppliers.
- 10+ years of experience managing international supply chain risks, with experience in corporations with social and environmentally focused programs
- Extensive knowledge of material sourcing and verification of material traceability
- Must have implemented and managed audit programs
- Extensive reporting and communications skills in and around materials risk issues
- BA/BS required; graduate work preferred
- Preferred to have existing relationships in precious metals and diamonds industries
Back to top