Assistant Manager, Boston
Assistant Manager - Brilliant Earth, Boston, MA
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Boston fosters a culture that encourages conversation and collaboration. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Assistant Manager for our Boston location will assist in the recruitment and oversight of a team of dedicated Sales and Operations Associates, responsible for delivering exceptional service to Brilliant Earth customers. The Sales and Operations Associates will need to efficiently and effectively execute a personalized showroom experience, as well as complete the sales process and post-sale support. In addition to working with customers, Sales and Operations Associates will also process and fulfill orders. As the team’s Assistant Manager, you will have the opportunity to help develop a team and have a direct impact on the growth of the company.
- Recruit and manage a team of Sales and Operations Associates in a fast-paced environment
- Oversee day-to-day operations and order fulfillment
- Maintain an efficient and highly functional showroom and office, ensuring that the team is meeting a high standard of customer service
- Create memorable and personalized experiences for Brilliant Earth customers by guiding customers through purchasing decisions, such as diamond options and custom designs
- Respond to customer inquiries over phone and email, and ensure that high standards are upheld by the team
- Conduct in-person customer appointments to present jewelry in our private showroom, creating a truly personalized experience in a luxury goods environment
- Consistently seek ways to improve the customer experience by designing and implementing efficiency improvement initiatives
- Handle customer experience escalations, ensuring the best possible experience for all customers
- Create and maintain a team schedule to provide coverage for all necessary duties and appointments
- Collaborate across departments on special projects in order management, inventory, merchandising, and fraud prevention
- Assist with pre-sale and post-sale support, including processing returns, resizes, and repairs
- Communicate with sales, production, and fulfillment teams regarding customer timelines
- Formulate and implement policies and procedures to ensure smooth business operations
- Must have experience managing people in a retail and service or equivalent environment
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of recruiting high performing and accountable teams
- Experience managing inventory, logistics and/or fulfillment in a retail or e-commerce environment
- BA degree or equivalent
- A true passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Motivated self-starter with high efficiency work style
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively – always with a smile
- Strong computer skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organization
Meet Some of Brilliant Earth's Employees
Content & Social Media Lead
Mary elevates the Brilliant Earth brand by developing creative copy, imagery, and other visual assets for social media.
Back to top