Qualified candidates are welcome to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with "Senior Accountant" in the subject line.
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Department(s): Finance & Operations
Reports To: Vice President of Finance & Operations
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to the general ledger and financial reporting. This position works in partnership with the Vice President of Finance & Operations to ensure strong internal controls and to develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures that allow for accurate and timely financial statement preparation in accordance with GAAP.
The Senior Accountant is a highly-organized self-starter who takes initiative, enjoys solving problems and performing detail-oriented tasks. S/he is comfortable in a smaller non-profit environment where support is needed for a variety of functions. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process: analyze general ledger accounts, prepare journal entries, and complete account reconciliations
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting and financial reporting in partnership with the VP of Finance & Operations
- Oversee processing of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Manage organization credit card program: review expense reports for appropriate support and coding, ensure compliance with organization policies
- Assist VP of Finance & Operations with banking and cash forecasting requirements
- Monitor and analyze accounting data, investigate revenue and expenditure budget variances and report significant variances to Senior Leadership as appropriate
- Ensure bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the successful management and completion the annual financial audit
- Collaborate with the other members of the operations team to support overall department goals and objectives
- Actively analyze department work; assist in development and implementation of more efficient procedures to enhance the workflow of the department while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Train new and existing staff on accounting policies and financial concepts as needed
- Provide assistance to VP of Finance & Operations and other Senior Leadership Team members on annual budget work, ad hoc reporting, and special projects
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and information effectively to others
- Competent with range of tools and technology necessary to support organization's initiatives
- Uses complex, proactive problem solving to provide insightful recommendations or solutions
- Contributes both individually and collaboratively in a time-sensitive environment
- Self-motivated to learn increasingly complex skills and subject matter
- Ability to thrive in team environment
- Ability to communicate the mission of Bright Pink
- Ability to work in an office environment and perform work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to both work and thrive in a high-stress environment that has a quiet to moderate noise level
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Five years of experience, public accounting and/or non-profit experience a plus
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency working in Microsoft Excel and accounting software packages
- Experience processing payroll and working with payroll processing systems a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online and cloud based services such as Google Drive, Gmail, Box.net, etc. a plus
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Meet Some of Bright Pink's Employees
Marketing & Communications Manager
Carli manages all of the Bright Pink content that goes out into the world. She works heavily with social media and helps to connect with the nonprofit's followers and fans.
Back to top