Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with "Director of Marketing" in the subject line.
Department(s): Brand & Experience
Reports To: VP of Brand & Experience
The role of Bright Pink's ("BP's") Director of Marketing ("Director") is to lead the brand strategy and oversee the execution of all marketing, campaign, and promotional activities. The Director is responsible for generating awareness of and engagement with the organization's programmatic and development initiatives through multi-channel (primarily digital) marketing strategy.
- Develop a multi-channel marketing strategy (emphasis on digital) that drives programmatic and development objectives
- Oversee execution of the marketing and communications plan across all channels inclusive of web properties, social channels, video platforms, email, blog, mobile messaging, influencer marketing, media/PR, SEO, paid search, paid media, OOH
- Develop and implement a year-round digital content strategy per key audience segment to engage constituents at every phase of the constituent journey
- Implement cross-channel marketing automation to nurture leads, drive action, and personalize experience throughout constituent journey
- Lead creative conception, development, execution of thematic digital campaigns including Mother's Day, Call Your Doctor Day, Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Manage strategy and day-to-day with agency partners/vendors for web development/design, paid digital media, SEO & paid search, etc.
- Manage Digital Communications Manager and Graphic Designer and other positions as assigned, and oversee content/creative production process
- Ensure the look, tone, and feel of BP's brand remains consistent and effective
- Work with the Data Intelligence Specialist to analyze and optimize marketing data for efficiency and effectiveness and prepare marketing reporting for Senior Leadership Team
- Remain current in cultural/technological/digital marketing trends in reaching target constituency
- Liaise with the Development team to advise on digital marketing tactics to increase online donations and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Liaise with Corporate Partnerships Manager to identify integration opportunities for partners across Bright Pink's channels and in campaigns
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Status: Full time. Exempt from the provisions of wage and salary regulations.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college with a strong preference for Digital Marketing, Advertising, or Communications
Experience: Seven to ten years of experience managing B2C digital marketing strategies
- Demonstrated record of meeting professional goals and guiding staff to meet team goals.
- Interest in women's health and ability to understand and explain Bright Pink programs and impact to constituent audiences.
- Expertise in brand positioning and communications
- Expertise in the development of digital marketing strategies and content that acquires, engages, nurtures consumers/constituents.
- Experience developing marketing & communications strategy for a lifestyle consumer brand
- Experience in multicultural/transcultural marketing, specific experience marketing to African American Women a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with experience writing and editing in AP style.
- Strong campaign & project management skills.
- Computer savvy with experience in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, CSS/CMS, Social Platforms, Google Analytics, and CRM.
- Aptitude for analysis, interpretation, and translation of information.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others (management, agency partners/vendors, board members, and staff) to accomplish goals.
- Flexible enough to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious and thoughtful approach to work characterized by a desire to solve problems and continuously improve quality of work.
- A sincere commitment to the mission and philosophy of Bright Pink is required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Bright Pink works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with Director of Marketing in the subject line.
Meet Some of Bright Pink's Employees
Marketing & Communications Manager
Carli manages all of the Bright Pink content that goes out into the world. She works heavily with social media and helps to connect with the nonprofit's followers and fans.
Back to top