Cause Marketing Manager
The role of Bright Pink’s (“BP’s”) Marketing and Partnerships Manager (“Manager”) is to forge and maintain strategic partnerships and drive marketing strategy and activations to increase awareness and funds for the organization. The Manager must understand BP’s target market as a whole, segment it effectively, and develop strategies to reach relevant audiences for both BP’s mission-based education and fundraising tasks. The Manager will be responsible for developing, executing and evaluating creative marketing and promotional activation concepts that generate mass awareness and/or inspire BP’s target demographic to take action, while driving revenue for both BP and its strategic partners. The Manager reports directly to the Director of Strategic Engagement and collaborates regularly with the Programs Team, President, and CEO.
- Develop strategies to expand BP’s cause marketing portfolio by developing corporate prospecting plans and sales materials and lead pitch presentations to secure additional partners.
- Build new corporate partnerships with a focus on raising unrestricted revenue. Develop overall pitch approaches that can be leveraged across all new business activity.
- Develop KPI plan and provide ongoing monitoring to ensure the campaign delivers on BP’s strategic objectives and corporate partner’s expectations.
- Plan and activate multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns to drive fundraising and educational KPIs
- Create and refine initiatives, execute plans, evaluate, and analyze partnership activation
- Solicit donations in connection with marketing activations
- Prepare updated revenue reports, inclusive of actual forecasts and potential new business
- Maintain detailed records of engagements, payment history and other relevant data
- Account-manage and project-manage BP’s key partner relationships
- Identify and segment key audiences for BP’s mission-based work and fundraising
- Create innovative stewardship strategies to engage executive level supporters at partner organizations
- Keep Development Director and Executive Team updated and informed of all partnership activity
- Prepare Development Director and Executive Team for meetings and other interactions with sponsors
- Create wrap-up reports for partner relationships to demonstrate ROI
- Collaborate with Marketing Team on idea development and project execution
- Work with Development, Programs, and Executive Teams to enhance partnership development proposals
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and information effectively to others
- Competent with range of tools and technology necessary to support organization’s initiatives
- Uses complex, proactive problem solving to provide insightful recommendations or solutions
- Contributes both individually and collaboratively in a time-sensitive environment
- Self-motivated to learn increasingly complex skills and subject matter
- Ability to thrive in team environment
- Ability to communicate the mission of Bright Pink
- Ability to work in an office environment and perform work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to both work and thrive in a high-stress environment that has a quiet to moderate noise level
- 5-7 years of experience in progressively responsible positions, with significant not-for-profit corporate partnership and cause marketing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in cause-related fundraising, business development, sales, marketing, digital promotions and communications; experience developing successful cause marketing campaigns that drive revenue and brand awareness.
- Ability to work effectively and gain the respect of various constituencies including senior corporate executives and decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
- Start up experience preferred
- Track record as an effective communicator, speaker, listener
- Excellent judgment, comfort with risk-taking and non-routine work
- Ability to work well in highly matrixed, complex environment
- An individual with strong people skills and demonstrated team player
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work well with those from other countries and cultures
- Demonstrated comfort with soliciting donations and strong negotiating skills.
- Passion and commitment to Bright Pink’s mission and values
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience would make you a good choice for this role, to [email protected] Please include “Cause Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
Back to top