Accounting & Analytics Manager
Accounting & Analytics Manager
BP is seeking a Manager, Accounting & Analytics to support Director’s vision of elevating the service level of the accounting & finance function to enable not only responsible fiscal management but also timely and confident decision making by the BP leadership team. Leveraging external and systematic resources, this Manager is responsible for the accuracy and relevance of BP’s financial records and their compliance with US GAAP, which is critical to the function and credibility of BP. This Manager will ensure day-to-day transactions are recorded appropriately. He or she will manage the monthly closing process, analyze financial data to identify key trends and variances from budget, furnish business reports, and surface critical insights to aid decision-making.
This Manager will partner with Program and Development teams to further BP mission with analytical support, helping maximize donation potentials and identify effective initiatives. With data based insights, this Manager will help each team with their planning and execution of a wide range of pilots, initiatives, and programs. He or she will also help the team drive results by helping identify appropriate metrics to measure, appropriate measurement methodology, and track progress against these metrics.
This Manager will play a critical role in fiscal management by implementing vendor management process with which vendor contracts will be reviewed and negotiated to ensure BP is protected from business risks, invoices received aligning with service or product received, and timely payments to protect vendor relationships.
- Financial Reporting
- Work closely with external accountants to ensure revenues and expenses are recorded accurately and appropriately and financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP
- Research and help resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process, including review of bank reconciliation, expense allocations, and adjusting journal entries, as well as preparation of financial management reports
- Preparing budgets, reporting and analyses needed to support grant proposals. Assist program management in maintaining compliance with grants/contracts
- Manage organization credit card program by reconciling cardholder expense reports with credit card statements and recording expenditures appropriately
- Manage check deposit process to ensure all check donations are accurately recorded in accounting system and Salesforce
- Fiscal Management
- Support Director in management of organizational and program budgets by performing trend and variance analyses, identifying critical trends to aid management decisions, and preparing monthly forecasts
- Analyze and provide insights on overall financial health including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Manage accounts receivables by preparing aging schedules and working with Director and program management to maximize timely cash collections
- Support process improvement to ensure collection, payment, and reporting processes are efficient and in compliant with required internal control
- Year-End Responsibilities
- Support preparation of annual 1099’s and W-2’s
- Support annual external audit process
- Planning and Analytics
- Fuel BP’s mission by providing analytics support to maximize revenue potential
- Partner with program teams to carry out BP mission by providing actionable insights to enable strategic planning and execution of pilots, initiatives, and programs for development, programmatic, and marketing purposes
- SupportDirector in KPI management by identifying key metrics and measurement methodology for each division of organization. Drive results by tracking, analyzing, and communicating key trends to leadership team
- Vendor Management
- Review vendor contracts with Director to protect Bright Pink from relevant transactional risks
- Review vendor invoices with program management to confirm payments due and payment terms
- Ensure timely payment and accurate recording in financial records
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and information effectively to others
- Competent with range of tools and technology necessary to support organization’s initiatives
- Uses complex, proactive problem solving to provide insightful recommendations or solutions
- Contributes both individually and collaboratively in a time-sensitive environment
- Self-motivated to learn increasingly complex skills and subject matter
- Ability to thrive in team environment
- Ability to communicate the mission of Bright Pink
- Ability to work in an office environment and perform work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to both work and thrive in a high-stress environment that has a quiet to moderate noise level
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting/budget management or audit experience
- Strong general accounting experience and knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and inquisitive nature
- High level of intellectual agility to be comfortable in participative problem solving environments with peers and leadership
- Results oriented; strong economic and business orientation with bottom-line focus
- Strong process and continuous improvement skills
- Good communication skills, inclusive of verbal, written and formal presentations
- Candid, impeccable honesty and integrity
- Supportive, positive attitude and approach to work
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience would make you a good candidate for this role to [email protected]/* */. Please include “Accounting & Analytics Manager” in the subject line.
Meet Some of Bright Pink's Employees
Marketing & Communications Manager
Carli manages all of the Bright Pink content that goes out into the world. She works heavily with social media and helps to connect with the nonprofit's followers and fans.
Back to top