- Seattle, WA
Are you hungry for more than just a career move? Wondering if it’s possible for work-life to be an extension of your own personal and professional passions? Brighton Jones’ unique and inclusive culture enables you to discover your potential.
Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest-growing wealth management and tax firms, is looking for a Tax Manager (or experienced Senior Tax Associate ready to be a Tax Manager) to join the team and provide immediate positive service impact for individual income tax planning and compliance, fiduciary income tax planning and compliance, and related estate gift and charitable tax planning and compliance.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Tax Manager who enjoys developing and maintaining lasting relationships with our clients. We really get to know our clients, have a deep understanding of their personal and business goals, and provide high-quality tax and planning advice using a consultative and comprehensive approach.
A significant portion of the Tax Services practice consists of managing the tax compliance process for our clients’ individual income tax, trust, and gift tax returns. This position is responsible for overseeing a portion of the Tax Services group in the preparation and planning process for the firm’s clients.
- Lead tax client service team for compliance and tax planning for some of the firm’s clients
- Final review and sign off of tax returns (federal & state returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates)
- Oversee tax projections and tax audits for clients
- Support the advisory team in tax planning related functions
- Assist clients by phone support and attend client meetings
- Conduct technical research as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required; Masters in Taxation or JD preferred
- 4+ years of complicated individual income tax return compliance required; estate, gift, trust and partnership experience also required
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and evaluation
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MSFT Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (Salesforce, etc.) and tax research tools (BNA Portfolios and RIA Checkpoint)
- Experience with CCH Axcess Tax, BNA Tax Planner preferred
- Strong research skills and knowledge in tax related areas and understanding of the workings of the Internal Revenue Code, Regulations and other tax pronouncements
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time sensitive basis
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of firm professionals with a range of tax knowledge
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with continued growth and development
- This is a full-time/exempt status position
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Values are:
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top