- Seattle, WA
Do you take pride in your work and get excited about the amazing level of service you provide? We do too! Everything we do—and the way we do it—is focused on working collaboratively to achieve our goals, all the while supporting our clients in reaching theirs. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about this business, want to contribute to and celebrate the success of others, and who want to be part of an innovative organization that is a leader in the industry.
The tax team at Brighton Jones prides themselves on a collective, fun, and supportive work environment. A significant portion of our tax practice consists of managing the tax compliance process for our clients’ individual income tax, trust, and gift tax returns.
- Support the team on compliance matters and tax planning services for our clients
- Front line preparation of tax returns (federal & state for individual, corporation, partnership, fiduciary)
- Assist with tax projections and respond to federal and state agency notices and audit requests
- Support and collaborate with the financial advisory team on tax planning related functions
- Tend to client needs by phone and email, and attend client meetings as needed
- Conduct technical research
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA eligible or Masters in Taxation preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of individual income tax return and compliance preferred
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MSFT Office, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (CCH, Axcess, BNA, Checkpoint RIA)
- Requires strong research skills and knowledge in tax related areas and understanding of the workings of the Internal Revenue Code, regulations and other tax pronouncements
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time sensitive basis
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of professionals with a range of tax knowledge
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with continued growth and development
- This is a full-time/exempt status position
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Values are:
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top