Are you ready to make a positive impact on clients, colleagues, and the global community? Do you value commitment, curiosity, continuous growth, compassion, community, and collaboration?
Join us at Brighton Jones; our purpose is to make the world a better place through our clients living richer lives. We are the largest RIA in the Pacific Northwest, headquartered in Seattle, with offices nationwide. From the very start, we have been an award-winning organization, from countless Best Places to Work awards — including Seattle Business Magazine's Best Companies to Work for 15 years in a row — to national and regional Community Impact awards, we pride ourselves in our culture and giving back to our community. We are industry leaders and pioneers in financial wellbeing with a focus on helping our clients align their wealth, passions, and purpose so they can pursue a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
Our team-based, client-centric approach has fueled our growth over the last 20+ years, and we’re now 250 teammates strong and growing, serving more than 4,000 clients, and advising on over $19 billion+ in assets. Every teammate has a path to ownership in the firm. We're looking for driven individuals who bring a "How can I help?" attitude to their work and are passionate about contributing to and celebrating the success of both clients and colleagues. Join our #OneTeam and be part of an industry leader committed to creating an incredible culture where every teammate can thrive.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you naturally curious, comfortable working in a team-based environment and committed to exceeding client expectations? If so, we should talk. We are expanding to new markets and looking for Lead Advisors who have their CFP® and a passion for helping clients. We're looking to expand to Morristown, Raleigh Durham, and Atlanta currently.
Here’s where you come in: as part of our mission to help clients, colleagues, and the global community live a richer life, we’re ready to extend our reach to new markets. We want you to embody our culture, serving clients and leveraging our centralized client experience, marketing, business development and operations teams.
Take our Values in Action Self-Assessment to see how our values align!
- Acts as a Personal CFO for existing clients (where applicable) and new clients; leads the client relationship, delivers an exceptional experience, and designs, implements and manages the wealth management plan that supports their passions and purpose - their “Life Plan”
- Leverages internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management, and General Planning
- Communicates our unique value proposition to prospective clients and works to establish Brighton Jones as their trusted financial advisor
- Proactively develops and expands relationships within the community
- Cultivates and develops deep relationships with custodial retail branches in collaboration with the national team
- Creates opportunities and represents Brighton Jones at public speaking events including community events, industry events, etc.
- Leads a local service team with deep collaboration to ensure client retention and satisfaction is high with a relentless focus on remarkable service.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Candidates must have a four-year degree and the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation
- 6+ years in financial and/or estate planning related work, preferably at a professional financial services company or wealth management firm
- Expertise in estate, tax, retirement, insurance, investment, and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter by nature
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, as well as interacting with tight-knit team of professionals with a range of financial and tax activities.
- This role is part of an emerging market and will be considered remote until an office space is secured. Brighton Jones is a 'work-from-office' culture with a lot of flexibility. This is a full-time, and exempt position.
Our #OneTeam feels a sense of connection, pride, and ownership with our mission, vision, values, and objectives. We are committed to building a business where 100% of our team members genuinely love where they work and are supported by their colleagues. We do this through building authentic relationships with one another, supporting each other to continuously learn and grow, working hard while having lots of fun, and giving back to our community.
We are a team founded on equity and respect, and we’re on a mission to help our clients, teammates, and global community thrive. Brighton Jones is committed to building a team comprised of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. We actively foster a compassionate and inclusive culture, one in which all members of the greater Brighton Jones family feel safe to express their unique identities and empowered to reach their full potential.
To the right individual, we offer very competitive compensation, benefits package, and rewarding career opportunities. If you’ve been reading this job description thinking to yourself, this is the place for me, include in your cover letter why you’re excited to join our growing #OneTeam and be sure to describe how the opportunity aligns with your career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or caste. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What to expect in the hiring process
1. Values in Action Self-Assessment - at Brighton Jones we don’t just talk about our values, we live by them! We’ve operationalized our values into behaviors and part of the application process includes completing a brief self-assessment on our Values in Action.
2. Initial Interview - this 30-min chat with a recruiter or hiring manager gives us a chance to learn about your background and goals and share more about the role and company.
3. Role Alignment - next you’ll meet with the hiring manager and a peer (virtual or in-person) to dive deeper into the role, responsibilities, and your transferrable experiences.
4. Full Loop - you’ll meet the team in two, back-to-back interviews with team members you’re likely to work with. During these conversations, we’ll be listening for examples of your technical skills as well as how core values show up in your experience. There may also be a writing sample, role play, hiring, or technical assessment depending on the position.
5. Personal Reference Calls - in this final step in the hiring process, you will be asked to arrange 1-2 personal reference calls with past managers of our choosing.
6. What’s Next - interviewing is time consuming and stressful, and we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us. Whatever the final decision, we’ll let you know our decision as quickly as we can. If this role isn’t a good fit, we invite you to stay connected and apply again.