Business Development Manager
Are you hungry for more than just a career move? Wondering if it’s possible for work-life to be an extension of your own personal and professional passions? In this critical role, not only will you be working on interesting and complex challenges – you’ll actually see your positive impact on the company.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving the sales process, partnering with Lead Advisors, and supporting all business development activities to bring on new clients.
- Conduct pre-discovery meetings or calls to determine fit for potential clients and guide prospects through our qualification process
- Introduce prospective clients to Brighton Jones and be the primary point person throughout the entire sales process
- Partner with Lead Advisors and other Business Development team members to help bring on new clients
- Articulate our value proposition to prospects in ways which are personally meaningful– who we are, what we do, and how to do it
- Assist with internal and external prospect communications including entry and update of prospect related notes in Salesforce
- Manage a prospect pipeline of opportunities and provide periodic sales reports, projections, and progress updates
- Assist in other special projects or events as needed
- Develop, manage, and grow a pipeline of new business from existing lead generation channels
- Represent Brighton Jones at key networking and business development functions and events
- Cultivate deep, mutually beneficial relationships with current and potential centers of influence; Initiate regular and targeted opportunities to meet with Business Partners and COIs
- Partner with Marketing Department, Managing Director and Operations Coordinator to execute events (e.g. event planning, invitation tracking, follow up)
- Periodically conduct research, interpret the data, provide competitive analysis and keep apprised of current market changes and competitive trends
- Coordinate regular (weekly or monthly) reporting for Lead Advisors or Business Development Managers
- Provide calendar management and scheduling support in conjunction with the Managing Director and Operations Coordinator on performance against target as well as other activity utilizing Excel or Salesforce
- 3 + years of sales representative or channel management experience
- Undergraduate degree required; finance, marketing or business preferred
- Series 65 (or equivalent) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for consultative sales and building mutually beneficial relationships
- Possesses business maturity, is personally impactful, and demonstrates behavior consistent with Brighton Jones’ values
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work independently and accomplish goals with minimal direction and supervision
- Professional, assertive, and effective in understanding client needs and communicating client benefits
- Demonstrated ability to effectively execute a business development/marketing strategy to meet defined client and revenue goals
- Expected to be current with industry trends, terminology and concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) and Salesforce
As a group of individuals that love what we do and enjoy who we work with, we know that the genuine relationships we build with each other positively affect our clients and their experience of working with us. We’re intentional in cultivating a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and celebrates individual initiative.
Genuine - our unquestioned commitment to integrity is demonstrated in all of our personal and professional activities
Focused – we work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects - we thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development
Approachable – we enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly and capable image in everything we do
Invested – our commitment to our clients and each other means we are willing to maintain a flexible work schedule to address cyclical work periods
Driven - we possess good judgment, initiative and decision-making skills - able to anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top