Brighton Jones is a team that helps our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. That’s our mission, and why we do everything we do. We are a team that collaborates together to achieve our goals, as we support our clients in reaching theirs. Successful candidates for this role and all roles at Brighton Jones will bring a “how can I help?” attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help our clients and colleagues succeed. We are looking for someone who wants to contribute to and celebrate the success of others and be part of an organization that is a leader in the industry.
Brighton Jones is one of the nation’s fastest-growing RIA’s headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Over the past 20 years our team-based approach, relentless focus in evolving our service model, and operational foundation has enabled us to grow 100% organically from a 2 person start up to a 180-person enterprise, helping over 2,000 families and advising on over $8B in assets. We continue our growth as we plan to expand into 30 new markets, grow to 2,000 team members strong, and serve 30,000 clients. Creating and maintaining an incredible culture is our secret sauce and our goal is to make sure each of our teammates loves working here, what they do, who they do it with, and who they do it for.
We are looking for our next Associate Advisor - Senior Analyst in our growing Portland Office In this role, Senior Analysts are responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities, priorities, and workload of their client service teams. This includes providing analytical, operational, and administrative support for the acquisition, implementation, and ongoing retention of clients.
- Drives the financial planning strategy for clients with the assistance of lead advisors
- Acts as the point person for all client service team inquiries; work with team members to ensure all action items are moved forward and completed
- Reviews current client portfolios and makes investment recommendations in consultation with team regarding changes based on both asset allocation and location
- Attends client meetings and calls on a consistent basis; comfortable running ad hoc calls with clients and interested in presenting in client review meetings
- Provides spreadsheet analysis on an ad-hoc basis for more advanced financial topics such as tax loss harvesting, stock option and restricted stock inventories, and other wealth transfer strategies; maintains all record-keeping related to these activities, including cost basis and other position data
- Develop deep understanding of operational logistics surrounding client onboarding, implementation, and ongoing account maintenance
- Gather, organize, and input client data into the CRM (Salesforce); manage data accuracy and integrity and keep records current
- Prepares standard deliverables related to the delivery of wealth management advice; these include Cash Needs Analysis (CNA), Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA), and Vocational Freedom Analysis (VFA)
- Works with Tax, Investments and Estate Planning to determine additional levels of detail required for the client's situation
- 2 + years of experience in financial planning, wealth management, or related industry preferred; expected to be current with industry trends, terminology, and concepts
- Undergraduate degree required
- Series 65 (or equivalent) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Progressing towards or actively pursuing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential in the future
- Baseline proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
- Organizational - handle multiple client relationships with contending priorities and coordinate team member resources most effectively
- Delegation - increase capacity by managing and delegating tasks to the right level, ensure accurate and timely completion
- Presentation - present complex concepts and ideas in a professional, credible and easily comprehendible way to clients, in written and verbal form
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination by date of hire. Brighton Jones is compliant with religious and medical exemptions and will provide reasonable accommodation if the exemption is approved
At Brighton Jones, we like to win. For us winning means continuous improvement - as individuals, as teams, and as a company. Everyone at Brighton Jones commits to developing the skills of curiosity, open-mindedness, vulnerability, empathy, and compassion in order to respond more thoughtfully to life and to create a culture of continuous improvement. Our Mindfulness-based Emotional and Social Intelligence (MESI) gives us a foundation of practices and a shared language to develop these skills. When we master these skills we not only win, we Live a Richer Life.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Pillars are:
• Continuous Growth
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.