Associate Advisor - Manager (DC)
- Washington, DC
Everything we do—and the way we do it—is focused on working together in a collaborative effort to achieve our goals, as we support our clients in reaching theirs. Successful candidates for this role and all roles at Brighton Jones will bring a “how can I help?” attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help our clients and colleagues succeed. Our strategy is to find and reward great people who are passionate about this business; who want to contribute to and celebrate the success of others; and who want to be part of an organization that is a leader in the industry.
Managers are responsible for managing the day to day responsibilities, priorities and workload of their client service teams. This includes providing analytical, operational, and administrative support for the acquisition, implementation and ongoing retention of clients.
- Reviews current client portfolios, presents plans and makes recommendations to clients in consultation with team regarding changes based on both asset allocation and location; considers both strategic and tactical allocation opportunities to improve return and reduce volatility
- Works with the team to craft client meeting agenda and prepare deliverables to be presented; analyzes client data and develops strategies; occasionally attends client meetings; ensures all client related action items are communicated and memorialized in the CRM
- Prepares all standard deliverables related to the delivery of wealth management advice based on inputs from team members; these include Cash Needs Analysis (CNA), Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA), and Vocational Freedom Analysis (VFA)
- Provides spreadsheet analysis on an ad-hoc basis for more advanced financial topics such as tax loss harvesting, stock option and restricted stock inventories, and other wealth transfer strategies; maintains all record-keeping related to these activities, including cost basis and other position data via portfolio management software
- Works with Tax, Investments and Estate Planning to determine additional levels of detail required for the client's situation
- Timely execution of intra-day requests with strict time frames such as trades, responsible for reviewing and approving them; ensures completion
- Acts as the point person for all client service team inquiries; work with team members to ensure all action items are moved forward and completed
- 3 + years of experience in financial planning, wealth management or a related industry preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- Series 65 credential required within 3 months of hire
- CFP preferred or interest in pursuing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential in the near future
- Baseline proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
- Organized and able to handle multiple client relationships with contending priorities and coordinate team member resources most effectively
- This role is considered full-time and exempt
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce! — allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top