Associate Advisor - First Year Analyst - Scottsdale- June 2021 Start
- Scottsdale, AZ
Our First Year Analyst (FYA) position is the first step in your journey towards becoming a Brighton Jones advisor. Our program equips recent undergraduates with the skills and experiences necessary to deliver strategic wealth management advice to clients.
Many firms throw their new hires straight into the deep end with a desk and a phone book, expecting them to bring in their own clients starting with friends and family. Your colleagues are often competitors, giving you little opportunity or incentive to collaborate. You won’t be competing against your teammates, because you’re not responsible for bringing in clients.
At Brighton Jones, we pride ourselves on doing things differently. We’ve created a supportive, collaborative and challenging environment focused on learning and growth. We believe authentic relationships are built with trust, and over time.
Your primary goal as a FYA will be to dig in, get your hands dirty and LEARN. Our process is designed to set you up for success.
There’s a reason why we’re one of largest and fastest-growing Registered Investment Advisory firms in the country and have an award-winning culture. Come make a difference with our #oneteam.
Successful candidates for this role will bring a “how can I help?” attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help our clients and colleagues succeed. Our strategy is to find and reward great people who are passionate about this business; who want to contribute to and celebrate the success of others; and who want to be part of an organization that leads the industry.
- Manage the day to day responsibilities, priorities and workload of their client service teams. This includes providing analytical, operational, and administrative support for the acquisition, implementation, and ongoing retention of clients
- Timely execution of intra-day requests with strict timeframes such as trades, wire requests, and journals. Responsible for initiating requests, review, and approval. Ensures completion within specified timeframes and provides thorough communication to client throughout the process.
- Primary point of contact for custodians around all operational and tactical service matters
- Gather, organize, and input client data into the CRM (Salesforce); manage data accuracy and integrity and keep records current
- Act as the point person for all client service team inquiries; work with team members to ensure all action items are moved forward and completed
- Work with the team to craft client meeting agenda and prepare deliverables to be presented; analyzes client data and develops strategies; occasionally attends client meetings; ensures all client related action items are communicated and memorialized in the CRM
- Prepare all standard deliverables related to the delivery of wealth management advice based on inputs from team members.
- Review current client portfolios and makes recommendations in consultation with team regarding changes based on both asset allocation and location; considers both strategic and tactical allocation opportunities to improve return and reduce volatility
- Provide spreadsheet analysis on an ad-hoc basis for more advanced financial topics and other specialty requests such as tax loss harvesting, stock option and restricted stock inventories, and other wealth transfer strategies; maintains all record-keeping related to these activities, including cost basis and other position data via portfolio management software
- Work with Tax, Investments and Estate Planning to determine additional levels of detail required for the client's situation
- Manages tax coordination and execution for clients’ personal and trust accounts.
- Position to begin June 2021
- Priority consideration will be given to candidates who submit an application prior to December 31st, 2020
- Extensive training and mentorship
- Clear benchmarks for success and regular check-ins
- This is a full-time/exempt status position
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Financial Planning, Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics)
- Academic success and other internships or work-related experience preferred
- Series 65 (or equivalent) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Interest in pursuing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential in the future
- Baseline proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflows
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with clients and co-workers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork mentality
- Must be able to project a capable and trustworthy image
- Must be a self-starter and proactively manage workload, communications, and ownership of tasks
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- A high degree of personal integrity, maturity, and acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce! — allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Values are:
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top