Everything we do—and the way we do it—is focused on working together in a collaborative effort to achieve our goals, as we support our clients in reaching theirs. Our strategy is to find and reward great people who are passionate about this business; who want to contribute to and celebrate the success of others; and who want to be part of an organization that is a leader in the industry.
Associate Advisors are responsible for managing the day to day responsibilities, priorities and workload of their client service teams. This includes providing analytical support to the acquisition, implementation and on-going retention of clients.
Within each relationship they are considered the client's primary point of contact. They support the tactical and analytical aspects of client service, while also delivering strategic advice, in concert with the Lead Advisor.
- Acts as the central point person for all client service team inquiries; directs team members to ensure all client and BJ action items are moved forward and completed
- Maintains all aspects of the Wealth Management Scorecard (WMS), including planning topic status, score, and last date reviewed; ensures content is accurate, timely, and reviewed periodically
- Creates client meeting agenda and determines deliverables to be presented; analyzes client data and develops strategies; works with the Lead Advisor to define both the client strategy and the most effective form of presentation
- Prepares and finalizes all standard deliverables related to the delivery of wealth management advice based on inputs from team members; these include Cash Needs Analysis (CNA), Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA), and Vocational Freedom Analysis (VFA)
- Reviews current client portfolios and makes recommendations on changes based on both asset allocation and location; considers both strategic and tactical allocation opportunities to maximize return and reduce volatility
- Provides spreadsheet analysis on an ad-hoc basis for more advanced financial topics such as tax loss harvesting, stock option and restricted stock inventories, and other wealth transfer strategies; maintains all record-keeping related to these activities, including cost basis and other position data via portfolio management software
- Works with Tax, Investments and Estate Planning to determine additional levels of detail required for the client's situation; works with the Client Service Coordinator to produce deliverables
- Following client approval, works with the Client Service Coordinator and others to ensure that all tactical aspects of the client implementation are executed timely and accurately
- Presents ideas and concepts in an organized and effective manner; attends client meetings and is expected to effectively present specific planning topics, with Lead Advisor guidance; documents all meeting notes and ensures all client and BJ action items are communicated and memorialized in the CRM
- Works with the Client Service Coordinator to achieve timely execution of intra-day requests with strict time-frames such as trades, wire requests, and journals; initiates these requests and is responsible for reviewing and approving them; ensures completion within specified time-frames
- Five + years of experience in financial planning, wealth management or a related industry; expected to be current with industry trends, terminology and concepts
- Undergraduate degree required
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or other industry designation strongly preferred
- Series 65 (or equivalent) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Baseline proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
- Organizational - the ability to manage multiple client relationships with competing priorities and coordinate team member resources most effectively
- Delegation - ability to increase capacity by delegating tasks to the right level, and to manage those tasks to ensure they are completed on-time and accurately
- Communication/Presentation - the ability to present complex concepts and ideas professionally and persuasively to clients, either in written or verbal form, in a way that can be easily comprehended; to be perceived by clients as knowledgeable and credible
As a group of individuals that love what we do and enjoy who we work with, we know that the genuine relationships we build with each other positively affect our clients and their experience of working with us. We’re intentional in cultivating a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and celebrates individual initiative.
Genuine - our unquestioned commitment to integrity is demonstrated in all of our personal and professional activities
Focused – we work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects - we thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development
Approachable – we enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly and capable image in everything we do
Invested – our commitment to our clients and each other means we are willing to maintain a flexible work schedule to address cyclical work periods
Driven - we possess good judgment, initiative and decision-making skills - able to anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly
We are a company that uses objectivity, creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues and community members live richer lives.
We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus. To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online at http://www.brightonjones.com/careers/. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top