The Advisor Training Program (ATP) is the first step in your journey towards becoming a Brighton Jones advisor. The program introduces recent undergraduates to the skills, credentialing and experiences necessary to deliver strategic wealth management advice to clients.
Many firms throw their new hires straight into the deep end with a desk and a phone book, expecting them to bring in their own clients starting with friends and family. Your colleagues are often competitors, giving you little opportunity or incentive to collaborate. You also won’t be competing against your teammates, because you’re not responsible for bringing in clients
At Brighton Jones, we pride ourselves on doing things differently. We’ve created a safe, collaborative and challenging environment where you can learn the ropes, have missteps and grow. We believe authentic relationships are built with trust, and over time.
Our people are at their best when they’re supporting each other. Your primary goal in the ATP will be to dig in, get your hands dirty and LEARN. Our process is designed to set you up for success.
There’s a reason why we’re one of largest and fastest-growing Registered Investment Advisory firms in the country; we take a #oneteam approach. Come make a difference with us.
Brighton Jones Immersion
Goal: understand the history, vision, core pillars, and teams that make Brighton Jones a unique and innovative place to work.
Program participants will gain exposure to:
- Our Mission, Vision, Values and immersion in our award-winning company culture
- Our history and pillars
- Personal CFO model and lines of business
Client Service - Learn how Brighton Jones organizes the business of client service and deliverables, planning, and execution to keep clients
- Learn the intricacies of the Associate Advisor world of work
- Develop strong competency with the core client deliverables
- Gain exposure to our wealth planning areas
- Complete proprietary training in finance, wealth management, and investment strategies
- Exposure to all aspects of the Client Service world of work
Business Development - Learn firsthand how Brighton Jones gets clients
- Learn the sales process and what roles the teams play
- Develop deep understanding of our investment philosophy and service offerings
Tax Services - gain exposure to client tax situations and develop competency on basic tax concepts
- Training on basic tax concepts and software
- Training and opportunities to apply learning to client tax situations
Institutional Asset Management - enhance ability to speak to foundational financial planning concepts
- Shadow IAM plan presentations and 1:1 consultations
- Priority consideration will be given to candidates who submit an application by December 31st, 2018
- Program set to begin summer 2019
- 9 to 12-month program timeline
- Series 65 credential required within 3 months of hire
- Extensive training and mentoring via assigned Counselor and Training Partner
- Benchmarks for success (passport) and regular check-ins
- Interest in pursuing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential in the future
COMPLETION AND PLACEMENT
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants will transition to an Associate Advisor - Analyst role.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics)
- Academic success and other internships or work-related experience preferred
- Excellent references required
CRITICAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflows
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with clients and co-workers
- Must be able to interact well with others and project a capable and trustworthy image
- Must be a self-starter and proactively manage workload, communications, and ownership of tasks
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- A high degree of personal integrity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
As a group of individuals that love what we do and enjoy who we work with, we know that the genuine relationships we build with each other positively affect our clients and their experience of working with us. We’re intentional in cultivating a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and celebrates individual initiative.
Genuine - our unquestioned commitment to integrity is demonstrated in all of our personal and professional activities
Focused – we work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects - we thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development
Approachable – we enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly and capable image in everything we do
Invested – our commitment to our clients and each other means we are willing to maintain a flexible work schedule to address cyclical work periods
Driven - we possess good judgment, initiative and decision-making skills - able to anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.