- Bend, OR
Are you hungry for more than just a career move? Wondering if it’s possible for work-life to be an extension of your own personal and professional passion? Brighton Jones’ unique and inclusive culture enables you to discover your potential and pursue your definition of a richer life.
Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest-growing wealth management firms, is looking for a talented Advisor to join the OpenPlan team and provide an immediate impact for our clients. OpenPlan is not like other advisory services. There are no minimum portfolios or other barriers to engage with an advisor. We treat our clients like real people, not formulas. Our advisors take the time to understand the unique goals and challenges of each client and work with them to create and regularly update their Foundational Plan.
This critical role, you have the primary responsibility for client relationships and will work closely with each client to establish their comprehensive plan and strategy. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping others, thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves to learn and be challenged, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to ensure clients have a remarkable experience.
- Works directly with clients to help them design, implement and manage the financial plan that supports their “Life Plan”
- Oversee assigned clients and conduct regular dialogue via phone, email, and video conference to discuss the client’s investment objectives, goals, needs, and expectations
- Educate and consult with clients on investment philosophy, performance, and other financial matters
- Communicate your deep understanding of global financial markets as well as current events and other topical issues and how they relate to the client’s investment strategy relative to Brighton Jones’ investment philosophy and approach
- Organize and input client data into the CRM (Salesforce) and financial planning software (eMoney); manage data accuracy and integrity and keep records current
- Generate referrals from existing clients
- Drive the sales process with prospective clients to support ongoing growth
- Support the Brighton Jones mission by using objectivity, creativity, and passion to help our clients, colleagues and community members “live richer lives”
- Provide teammates with timely, candid and constructive performance feedback
- Assist with ad-hoc projects around client support or team support
- Three + years of client service experience in the financial services industry required
- Undergraduate degree required
- Series 65 credential required within 3 months of hire
- CFP preferred or Interest in pursuing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential in the near future
- High level of technical expertise in estate planning, tax, retirement, insurance, investment and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, efficiently and effectively
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities
- Highly motivated to learn and grow and with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment independently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, able to interact with clients and project a professional, capable image in action and appearance
- This is a full-time/exempt status position
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Values are:
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top