Technical Business Analyst - CONTRACT
Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have a great business analytics background, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
We're seeking a full-time contractor to join our consulting team for 3 months to design and implement systems that meet the business objectives of our well known clients in media and digital marketing. The Technical Business Analyst will work with our Senior Program Manager and clients by researching best practices, making recommendations to the client about functionality and user flow and documenting requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical team. Facilitating cross-department communication is key to this role.
- Serve as an information resource for project functionality and scope specific questions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and document complex user interaction scenarios.
- The Technical Business Analyst is client facing role. Frequent communication with the client is necessary for gathering requirements and making recommendations. S/he will also be responsible for explaining gaps and technical concepts for an often nontechnical audience.
- Ability to attend and speak on daily phone conversations with teammates and clients
- Understand scope of our client engagements and analyze and identify business problems/project constraints
- Gather business requirements
- Organize project-related documentation of workflow changes and technical/functional designs needed to support the business requirements for common and more complex problems.
- Write user stories, functional specifications and acceptance criteria
- Provide training on various platforms to clients
- Gain a strong feature-level understanding of the Brightcove platform
- Responsible for answering scope and functionality related questions
- Consistently meet agreed upon deadlines or escalate issues, concerns and barriers to key project leaders.
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical BA or similar role, documenting and analyzing technical solutions to complex business problems (less experience considered for exceptional performers)
- Experience in analyzing business goals and metrics,
- Experience in video implementation or service is a plus
- Experience leading requirements gathering sessions and documenting business requirements
- Familiarity with both agile and waterfall development methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with project life-cycle management tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Previous experience in consulting or professional services is a significant plus
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships with internal departments.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, facilitation)
- Must be an innovative, self-motivated, and hands-on professional who excels with new and changing technologies in a rapidly growing and fast moving company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
This position is based in the Singapore CBD.
We've worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top