Brightcove is looking for an experienced systems administrator with strong systems and networking experience who is passionate about designing, maintaining and delivering highly scalable solutions. The Systems Administrator is responsible for providing support to both the systems and network infrastructure, working with other administrators and desktop technicians to help resolve daily issues that arise and providing support in a heterogeneous system environment.
The right candidate must be a responsible, driven, team oriented, well organized individual with strong communication and written skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Maintain current IT infrastructure, capacity planning, managing load configurations, and providing high level support with Windows Active Directory with Mac and Linux systems.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure and underlying Windows/Linux VMs.
- LAN/WAN Administration of Meraki and Cisco network infrastructure. Responding to network-related issues and requests for system service, troubleshoot and coordinate resolution of network problems.
- Assist in efforts to develop, design, optimize, and document network topology and architecture to support systems reliability, security, scalability, management, data integrity and performance, including providing critical support in areas of network configuration and deployment assistance.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for SAAS implementations of Okta, Google Apps Suite, Jira, Confluence, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, etc.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for Oracle EBS/Financials modules such as iExpense, and iProcurement.
- Participate in the on-call rotation schedule as needed. Support includes 24X7 on-call duties on a weekly basis with a rotation.
- May be assigned responsibilities in connection with training and/or other forms of interactive customer activities
- 2-3+ years systems administration in complex networks
- 2-3+ years in Firewall and Switch Networking
- 1+ years in relevant 24x7 on-call environments
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain experience
- Apple OSX experience
- Oracle E-Business Suite/Financials experience
- Enterprise VPN experience
- Knowledge of Internet applications and protocols
- Knowledge of Network Design and Troubleshooting
- SAAS administration experience (Jira, Google Apps Suite, Okta, etc)
- Experience with modern monitoring and configuration management systems (Nagios, Ansible)
- Scripting experience is desired but not necessary
- Proven ability to work effectively in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to be nice, smart and highly motivated to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs
Brightcove is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices and was named one of 2018’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Video by Fast Company. Brightcove has thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere.
This position is based in our Boston office. We offer a fun work environment, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. Our office is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor by South Station, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and foosball tables, etc.
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top